Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing photos

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 05:22 PM)
Jacaldo
Apprentice
Options
Approximately 1500 photos have disappeared from Gallery on Samsung S7 in the last couple of days. Any chance of recovering them? 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
arwu
First Poster
Options
Have you had a look in Google Photos to see if they have been maybe automatically backed up ?
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Check your image gallery recycle bin
Also Check the My Files app
Images and the My files recycle bin
0 Likes
Jacaldo
Apprentice
Options
Yes, and not there
0 Likes
Jacaldo
Apprentice
Options
Have checked My Files images, not there. No recycle bin.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jacaldo  Are you photos not backed up anywhere else, know you have tried  Google photos?  Do you have syncronisation with One Drive set up?   Do you mean no photos in recycle Bin or you cannot locate it?  From  my Gallery  tap the 3 dot Hamburger Menu Bar Recycle Bin one of the options there. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jacaldo
Apprentice
Options
Not backed up - although a few earlier photos have synced to google photos. I cannot locate the recycle bin in Gallery - I just have 3 dots, no hamburger menu bar and no recycle bin option.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jacaldo  oh right,  You may be able to recover via software. See this guide:  https://www.samsung-messages-backup.com/resources/recover-deleted-photos-from-galaxy-s7.html 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jacaldo
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I'll give it a try.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A similar thread > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/missing-photo. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "