Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Photo?

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 10:17 PM)
bleacherbum
First Poster
Options

I recently did a factory reset and I was wondering I have some photo's missing that were in the Samsung gallery. Not deleted just gone. I do have some that i backed up from Google Photos, but not everything went there. Is there any way to retrieve these or are they just gone, thanks. 

ps i have galaxy note 8. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Take a look in the recycle bin in the Samsung Gallery just to see if there in that @bleacherbum 

Look in your MyFiles app to see if you can see them in there.

Personally I always create a back up to Samsung Cloud but as this does no longer back up photos,  and I'm not keen on OneDrive which now saves photos as Samsungs alternative native option,  I back up to Dropbox.

If you opted to use OneDrive then perhaps take a look in that.

If your not finding the photos and they haven't been backed up then yes it's a real possibility they are lost.

I personally haven't tried using any 3rd party software that purports I can recover data so can't recommend any. Some are free and some cost to purchase the licence to be able to use the software.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
loribear1
Navigator
Options
hi bleacherbum , sometimes you can buy a usb that can find lost pictures on mobiles , ive seen some on ebay , but can't remember the name . good luck .
0 Likes
aikugui
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that. I think the only way to get the lost photos back is asking for help from pro shop or samsung data recovery software. But before that, you need to stop using your phone in case of data overwritten. Both are not free, and not that easy. As to samsung data recovery software, you can use Dr.fone, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for AndroidEaseUS Mobisaver, etc. About the details, please search online. Good luck to you. 

0 Likes
osi1115
First Poster
Options

Hi, all of my photos went missing as well. They are not deleted because my storage is still full. Is there any way I can get them back?

0 Likes
Linda94
First Poster
Options

Hi, all my photos have been disappearing to. Not just my gallery but all the folders I've created including my screen shots.

I've checked Samsung Cloud, OneDrive and InternalStorage and the pictures that are missing are nowhere to be found. I have a Galaxy S20 and this started happening a week ago. 

0 Likes