Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 11:08 AM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
CochesePL
Student
Options

It would be nice if they did.

DJBlackford
First Poster
Options

Two things I'm not seeing anyone address here, however maybe I missed a comment that mentioned one or both of them.  If so, I apologize in advance for rehashing another topic on such a controversial take.

1 - Cloud services do not address locally installed app storage capacity limitations; for the most part, SD cards still do.  If your job requires you to install apps for work on your personal device (i.e. 2-factor authentication, gig-work, team communications, etc.), that further diminishes the total storage capacity you have at your disposal for personal use.  App installation can be diverted to external storage to some extent for most that are on the platform to lessen that burden, while keeping the apps actually available for you to use when you're not connected to the network and able to redownload stuff from the cloud/shift things around.

2 - Streaming apps have local storage downloads and caching for off-network use of their services.   I personally saw Spotify take up 28 GB of local storage from songs that I'd saved over the years on my favorites playlist to listen to on the road where there's no cell signal.  Before I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to make it reflect that correct figure, it was reading around 52 GB.

Bonus - Cloud services aren't free, they may start out that way, but some of us can't afford to be nickel and dimed at every corner in perpetuity for your convenience.  Those of us who are complaining about this and the headphone jack issue want our features built into the device, in a way that is consumer friendly, and gives us the freedom to choose affordable 1-time payment solutions that'll fix functionality problems at our discretion.  We want something that will last us 5-6 years, especially if we're paying out quadruple digit sums for these devices.  The majority of your consumers are choosing between a phone bill/payment to keep their job and having enough to pay their bills on time, and it's expensive enough just to get the device itself.

Options

Well in a way now I am glad that Samsung has taken such a silly stance on SD Cards – the whole lack of understanding and requests for SD cards for offline access like roaming, speed, security, portability, content reasons good luck Samsung!

After their Samsung Watches have been burning my wrist and some many other peoples wrists - more so their lack of care…..I really don’t want to buy any further Samsung products anyway!

SereneH
Options

@WhatServiceSamgung If you're based in the UK, or Ireland please drop Sam_UK a message regarding your watch. We take matters like this very seriously. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Options

What lack of SD card?? or Watches you produce that are burning many many users??

.....or "serious" - Fob off? ......check out for yourself if you need to **********

0 Likes
Options

ok Serene - so decided not to take the matter very seriously as well then?? ....please just be honest and inform of the real dangers & damage! 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @WhatServiceSamgung. We really appreciate all customer and Community user feedback, and I can see from this thread that there is interest in the Micro SD card being incorporated within our future flagship smartphones.

@SereneH was referring, in particular, to the issue that you raised about your smartwatch.

As we didn't receive a PM from you about this, I understand that you might not be based in the UK or Ireland. Nevertheless, we want to ensure that you get the issue you raised about your watch investigated and resolved, so please reach out to our Support Team in your region at your earliest convenience:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
Options

I did message and gave you the reference number for the fault and complaint - i have had the watch returned with no fault found - That is not taking the issue seriously - please google Samsung watch burn for yourself to see the huge number of complaints and health worries! .........So be Honest it is not being taken seriously or Samsung really interested in their users.  

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @WhatServiceSamgung. I can assure you that all issues of customer safety are taken very seriously, and any issues that are raised need to be investigated on a case-to-case basis. Without a proper investigation, it would not always be possible to substantiate certain claims that are made online (this would apply to any company, service, or product, of course).

I wasn't able to locate your message, but I'm pleased to hear that you were in touch with our Support Team. If you were unhappy with the outcome, I highly recommend that you continue liaising with our colleagues if you want more insight into how they reached the decision they did.

0 Likes
Kieran10
First Poster
Options

😳 I just found out about about that, no Micro SD Card.

My next phone is definitely going to be based on the availability of a Micro SD Card. I do a lot of my backups and file transfers with my phone, especially Dash Cam footage. I use the phone as a game emulator too, and all my game files are on a Micro SD Card.

Sorry Samsung, unless the Micro SD Card comes back, I have to switch over to another brand, even if it is not as good as the Samsung phone I have now.