Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 11:08 AM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Firmware and software updates don't change hardware limitations 😑 you're the one who talks like you know something, that you obviously don't. You're just upset that I'm right 🤣 your little 80 MB/s hardware limitation is so sad, I almost feel bad for you

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

Since MicroSD is quite fine for 8K video, it will serve any need we have. Why do you not want people to be able to have more storage on their phones?

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

1TB internal is more than enough with or without an SD card. If you need more than that, you're insane. And really you can't anyways as it's limited to 512GB-1TB for SD cards anyways so you'll never get more than 2TB even if you wanted to 🤣 and that's ridiculous to be carrying around

I bet you're the type to carry your social security card and birth certificate with you too huh?

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

OMG! You really don't understand how firmware updates work. Remember the old Nintendo Wii? They sent out a firmware update to allow for SDHC and SDXC access. Yes, you can get more use out of items with firmware updates!

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Might serve the file fine, but not read/write speeds directly

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

Child, you have no clue what you're talking about! I have 1.5TB of storage in my current phone. Why do you get to say that it is "ridiculous". Maybe I know a little more than you!

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

You're obviously just googling speed requirements, keep in mind you're limited to 80 MB/s. Just because a 300MB/s card will work, doesn't mean your phone's SD card SLOT can achieve those speeds

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

"Serving the file" is all that the storage medium needs to do. I'm not saying to host the OS on it. WTF is wrong with you?

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Lmao you obviously don't know technology. SDHC and SDXC is just file formats and different storage spaces. Has nothing to do with speed limitations 

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

If Samsung wanted to discontinue expandable storage then they should have only ONE FLAVOR of each model. For now that would be the 1TB version. Later 2TB, so on and so forth.

0 Likes