Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Lost photos after moving to SD

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 09:05 AM)
NR3
Journeyman
Options

I tried to free up some space on my Samsung A7 by using the file manager to move the photos from internal storage to micro SD card. This appeared to be successful at the time but I've since discovered that my photos are no longer visible in the gallery (showing blank grey with !).

Now if I even try to view the photos via the file manager to the SD card, they are all blank (showing blank grey with !).

How can I recover the pictures?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@NR3 wrote:

Ok thanks for the advice and checking. I'm not sure if I have the adapter, or which it would be, as I don't tend to use them. 

Out of interest, did I do anything wrong with trying to transfer in that way or should the process usually be reliable? Would you recommend saving on a card or interal storage as the safest option for future? 

I do backup to google photos, but they are low res, so will need to increase the frequency of backups to an external hard drive. 

Well you can take the pics missing from google photos there is the only thing left to do.

I would advise you to buy an sd card and keep the picture there,that is what i do too. And do NOT encrypt it.

In case something happens to the phone or the logic board breaks what is on there is lost forever, what is on the sd card is not goimg to be lost.

Sd card can fail too as you experienced, the best thing to do is to back up data on an ssd or hdd to have a safe copy.

If you want a new sd card buy a new kingston csrd (the newer versions) or a samsung evo.

Buy it from a reputable seller with whon it is easy to do a return. After it arrives if you will you can send me the pic here of the card and adapter to check if it is not fake so you can use itnwithout worries, in fact even if you buy from a reputable seller they are a lot of times scammed and given fake sd cards without them knowing it.

Let me know

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@NR3 wrote:

I tried to free up some space on my Samsung A7 by using the file manager to move the photos from internal storage to micro SD card. This appeared to be successful at the time but I've since discovered that my photos are no longer visible in the gallery (showing blank grey with !).

Now if I even try to view the photos via the file manager to the SD card, they are all blank (showing blank grey with !).

How can I recover the pictures?

Ah  here we go again😔😪

Sorry to hear that. Immediately transfer all the photos which are not corrupted to the internal memory of the phone to save them.

Then extract the sd card and send here pics of the front and back, packing and adapter too if you have it....

Unfortunately many sd cards which circulate are counterfeit and what you are experiencing may be due to that,so please do what i told you Asap

Waiting for your reply 

0 Likes
NR3
Journeyman
Options

Sorry not sure how to add pictures on a post here?

It's a Kingston card. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@NR3 wrote:

Sorry not sure how to add pictures on a post here?

Ah the photo button disappeared.... it looks like that no one  can add pics...

Create a google drive link and share the photos of the card here by posting the link

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

and have you moved them to the internal memory tempestively?

0 Likes
NR3
Journeyman
Options

20200617_082511.jpg

20200617_082532.jpg

0 Likes
NR3
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
NR3
Journeyman
Options

Moving them back didn't seem to help unfortunately. I also tried connecting to laptop as a separate drive but couldn't view them there either.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@NR3 wrote:

20200617_082511.jpg

20200617_082532.jpg

It looks like it original🤔. If you have the sd card adapter would send me a picture of that as well?

After that we can do another things to test its capacity.

However fake or original it is breaking. Move everything out of there asap. For the corrupted images there is nothing else to do unfortunately, moving everything back to the internal storage was asked by me to prevent further data loss...

0 Likes
NR3
Journeyman
Options

Ok thanks for the advice and checking. I'm not sure if I have the adapter, or which it would be, as I don't tend to use them. 

Out of interest, did I do anything wrong with trying to transfer in that way or should the process usually be reliable? Would you recommend saving on a card or interal storage as the safest option for future? 

I do backup to google photos, but they are low res, so will need to increase the frequency of backups to an external hard drive. 

0 Likes