Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide software update notification Samsung A51?

(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 10:26 PM)
Yer Mamah
Journeyman
Options
Is there an app, paid or free, or any other way, to remove that persistent notification? I would have to be not in the right mind to accept any software updates after the disastrous 24th April update.
I'm ready to pay to have that icon gone for good . 
Thanks in advance for help. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Just because you had one bad experience with an update doesn't mean that all updates are bad, if you don't update your phone you are just leaving yourself vulnerable to security flaws that may have been patched in a new update
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's a risk and be a fool not too, you might as well not own a phone if you don't take good care of it. Software updates are release for a good reason the December patch was repairing over 90 security issues..
AndrewL
Options

@Yer Mamah: Further to the above, it isn't possible to remove the update icon from your Status bar and Notification panel once an update is ready to be installed. While I do appreciate your concerns, I recommend proceeding with the update in order to resolve the issue. 

Yer Mamah
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
puzzledddd
Journeyman
Options

Wish I had not installed the new update on my a51... first the notes app completely stopped working rendering my frequently used notes inaccessible, now today my pattern unlock refuses to accept the correct pattern and I'm entirely locked out of my phone. I tried everything I could find suggested and because I didn't have remote unlock enabled thru the phone I am going to lose everything on it when I factory reset as my last option. I definitely understand the caution to accept new updates. Never had issues like this prior to the update and at this point I am considering going back to iphone because I don't trust the phone to keep working anymore.

0 Likes
Yer Mamah
Journeyman
Options

A51 is a decent phone, overall, it's really all Samsung. I also have a Samsung Smart TV, and after using both devices for over a year, I will say I'm never buying a Samsung product again. There is a reason why in the 90s we ,and people around us, commonly referred to Samsung as 'Scheissung' - true story.

If anyone from Samsung can give me a reasonable explanation for this change:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/latest-update-removed-the-open-tabs-layout-set...

then maybe I'll give Samsung another chance. As it is, they are blacklisted in my books.

0 Likes