Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on my phone journey

(Topic created on: 25-04-2024 07:22 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

So most of you will know my journey with phones the last 6 months. When I last left you all I had an iPhone 15. It was a cracking phone but I just started to want more and have what the s24 ultra provided me for a day and what joy I had with the s23 ultra. So I did my worst and bought an iPhone 15 pro max. I considered trying the s24 ultra again but just too scared of Samsungs QC and customer service. So bit the bullet and went the whole hog. The phone is faultless not green tint no bent sim trays no dust in camera and of course all 1 million pixels or whatever it is are working. My honest thoughts on that vs the s24 ultra if you take customer service out of it I don’t think it matters. Both titanium but don’t buy a black PM or ultra because you will be wiping it with a cloth forever. Cameras are both good, ultra you get more zoom PM it’s clear and more vibrant. Display PM is more natural and lovely on the eyes if you suffer pwm. The ultra is sharper and brighter (in direct sunlight) and of course you have that anti glare. Won’t go into software you love iOS or you hate it. Same with android I just so happen to love both. Sound quality very good on both maybe bit more bass on iPhone. Battery life it depends on what you doing. iPhone lasts longer day to day but galaxy lasts longer if you having a mega binge on something. No much else to cover. The gap between Samsung and Apple has never been so small. I could honestly pick up any handset and be happy and if you ask which is best I would say draw, and if I was asked which I prefer, I don’t know however customer service pushes me to iPhone. Now I’m at the top end I will hopefully learn all lessons and stick to this for a while. Never want to go through the aggro I had ever again it was awful. I still maybe purchasing a cheap A series for my work in order to use Samsungs compensation voucher but I will keep you posted.

11 REPLIES 11
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. For the update.

I have always thought of trying an iPhone but just can't get myself to buy one and end up with Samsung.

Reasons

1. Shattered screens of iPhone users
2. The Locked in eco system
3. The Ease of things like settings in apps as opposed to going all the to settings to change camera settings etc.
4. Apparently no clipboard or reply from notifications itself and stuff like that.
5. NO FREEBIES or discounts.
I do love my freebies and discounts with Samsung and other Android phones.
Heck I bought a pixel 6 for the Bose 700 NC
And my S24 ultra just cause I didn't wanna pay for the galaxy watch 6 🤭
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

I remember you saying you like your freebies, I can agree with all of that other than you can press and hold to reply in notifications, and iPhones are a lot stronger these days, glass is glass it will shatter no matter what. I love my freebies too. I will never say never to Samsung again but it will probably take a good few years and less posts about faulty units and poor customer service till I drop a grand on one again. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

I do miss all the fun Samsung offers 15 pro max is a very refined unit but extremely boring 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I always say . You buy what makes you happy.
It's your hard earned money.
At the end of the day If you are not happy for whatever reasons than that not good.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Trust me I see so many videos thinking something will be sway me but so far nothing.

Also I kinda love the photos the s24 ultra produces now and the 4k video on all lenses is gold.
Not to mention I find the 5x more useful the the s21 ultras 10x.
I am more of a portrait guy .
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Absolutely I agree and there is no better option technically the Samsung is better on paper and the iPhone is easier to use but all boils down to the customer preference and obviously in my case how stuff is delt with. I have felt an anti climax now. Had top end Samsung obviously it went wrong but I got to try it. Got top end iPhone that’s it no where to do now no more ladders to climb I’m at the pinnacle of smarts phones I just can’t see how either will get any better 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Think is if you like Samsung and never had a problem why would you? I always move because I get bored but I was set on Samsung until that happened now I will probably be set on iPhone but who knows what the future will hold i might go all crazy and buy a polestar phone to go with the car 😂🙈

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I mean I also love Pixel phones and actually got a pixel 7 but couldn't bear the greenish tint compared to my magenta s21.ultra's photos.

I kinda like the Samsung photos better now.
Pixels also are a bit too heavy on contrast while the s21 ultra was a bit too less contrasty.

The s24 ultra seems to have improved a lot now and I'm really like it.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea I agree a lot say the s24 ultra wasn’t much of an upgrade but I think it was a big step up and I only had it 24 hours. The s23 ultra was good but the s24 ultra just moved it all up a bar. 

0 Likes