Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FACTORY RESET WITHOUT BACKING UP FILES 🤯🤯🤯

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 01:32 AM)
Salman007
First Poster
Options
Hello Fellow Samsungians,

I hope you are well and in great health. So yes I am in dire need to try and get these Files and Data retrieved on a S8. 

Done a factory reset without backing up any data or files. So yes Everything got deleted and I need help hopefully they can be retrieved by a genius. SOS 🏳️
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
bbcno1
First Poster
Options
will I be able to do a factory reset and keep my vpn download i paid for .
0 Likes
ND79
First Poster
Options
my screen blew on mine so was unable to back up anything before I sent it away for repair. however when I got it back & signed back into my Google & Samsung accounts it restored all data up to day it went off
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I'll be surprised if you could get anything back, as that's what you do if your selling your phone , so all your data is deleted permanently
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
unlikely to get anything back sorry. Not without possible chip off examination ( vrry scary ) even then depends on if the reset routine code uses like dd or shred to block erase, poss factors like wear levelling need thinking of too.

you can try one of the third party recovery tools ( get one that seems half decent and has a free trial so you can see )

if you can get it to mount as some kind of drive something like linux photorec ( it's for files not just pics despite its name ) can dig into the normal storage area you used to see when it was connected to a pc etc.

Summary : Data likely gone sorry . If it was recoverable then reset routine not worth much , if you see what i mean.

I purposely left out any mention of encryption too as that would mean it's game over 😞

Try third party recovery tool decent one! That runs in Windows or MacOS etc. Do not expect much joy.

Assume you do not have cloud backups or something? Double check;)

All the best
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
if you purchased your VPN app from Google playstore it should be in the purchased section of your Google play account. if you are talking about a subscription service then yeah that would just carry on if you have to log in.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
agreed.
0 Likes
Salman007
First Poster
Options
Cheers appreciate your help and advice!
0 Likes