Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send MMS messages

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 07:55 PM)
Lizzyl
First Poster
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy J9 phone and it has suddenly stopped sending MMS text messages with photos. It was working fine a few days ago but now when I try to send the message,  I just get a circle going round and round but nothing else happens, even after 10 or 15 minutes.

Any idea what I need to do to get it working again?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CarlH
Options

Hi @Lizzyl. Have you contacted your network provider regarding this as it is they who will enable or disable this feature. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Lizzyl: If you're having trouble sending MMS messages, then please try enabling Mobile Data by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom > Mobile Data, as this is required to send messages that exceed the SMS character limit, or contain images/emojis. If this is the case, you may wish to open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More Settings > Multimedia Messages > Set Restrictions, and choose 'Warning'. This will notify you in the event that an SMS has converted to MMS format, in which case Mobile Data will be required to complete the sending process.

Now, go back to Messages > 3 Dots > Settings > More Settings > Text Messages, and make sure that a number is populated in the Message Centre section. If you can't see a number, contact your network directly to request the number, and manually enter it here.

0 Likes