Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Call audio not working

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 07:22 PM)
Jay111
Apprentice
Options

Hi,  I have a bluetooth call audio issue for over a year.

Setup: S8 connected to various headset/ wearable - Philips headphone, car bluetooth, plantronics headphone, Samsung active 2

Issue: Bluetooth media audio always works, but bluetooth call audio never works. I can't hear the audio or other party hear me in a call, so I fallback to using mobile in handset mode or turn on mobile speaker to talk. 

Troubleshooting steps already tried but failed to resolve the issue,

1. unpair and pair bluetooth device
  2. Reboot mobile
  3. Mobile Bluetooth clear cache, clear data
  4. Mobile (recovery mode) - wipe cache clean
  5. Toggle mobile airplane mode
  6. Removed all existing pairs
  7. Mobile has been updated with latest software few times over last one year and issue never got resolved
  8. Mobile in safe mode - still issue occurs
  9. Mobile reset networks
  10. Mobile factory reset - still issue occurs
  11. Bluetooth headsets tried with other mobile (S7) - headsets work fine

-Jay

26 REPLIES 26
Jay111
Apprentice
Options

any sugguestions please?

0 Likes
Shay29
First Poster
Options

hi 

I have the same issue. Did you manage to fix this problem? If so how?

0 Likes
DFord
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue and it is very frustrating.

0 Likes
Shay29
First Poster
Options

I have tried everything but to no avail. Never had an issue with samsungs with my cars or lorrys before until i got the s8 😡

0 Likes
Jay111
Apprentice
Options

I have tried everything including factory reset couple of times even reflash factory firmware but still no luck. I can't think of anything else except sending it to samsung repairs 😞

0 Likes
Shay29
First Poster
Options

Ive seen alot of this issue everywhere with this model. Can recieve texts play music scroll through contacts but soon as someone rings me or i ring them no call audio until i take it off bluetooth

0 Likes
S8_Max
First Poster
Options

Hi I also have the same issue, it started happing 2 weeks ago. I can connect my Plantronics PLT BB PRO 2 headset for  Audio, but calls are disabled. Unable to enable. If I un pair and repair, it works for one call, and then is disabled again.

0 Likes
Kerappo
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issue with Samsung Galaxy A40 and Plantronics Voyager Focus UC B-825 headset connected via bluetooth. All other sound from the phone works fine via the headset but when I make or receive a voice call via SIM the headphones become silent and the call must be continued with the phone speaker + mic. Several different A40 phones behave this way. One user has the same problem with his car BT system. The music, Youtube etc. sounds fine via the car BT system, but when he receives or makes a call he must pick up the phone and use it for communication... This user has an older Samsung J5-2017 and it works fine with the same car and same Plantronics B-825 headset. He is now reluctant to make the upgrade to A40 and wants to keep the J5-2017 because of this.

Kerappo
Apprentice
Options

Booting to safe mode does not make any difference in my A40 case. I have had several physical A40 units some straight from the factory packaging, some after factory reset. All behave the same way: Media sounds etc. are fine via BT, but when a call is made or received the voice tranfers to the A40 unit and BT is silent (except for the three beeps indicating that a call is starting).