Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is 4K and 8K video recording on the S21 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 05:35 PM)
JR93
Journeyman
Options

I only seem to have the option of FHD 60 and FHD 30 which is of course, only 1080P. Even when I change the ratio it still doesn't show 4K or 8K video recording options, any ideas? 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
when on camera and video, second from the right on top. click and scroll to the left.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JR93: To record 8K video, please open the Camera app > Video > Select 'FHD Auto - 8K 24' above the preview window, and you should be good to go. Alternatively, tap the cog symbol and select the resolution via Videos > Rear Video Size. 

JR93
Journeyman
Options
thanks for your replies, I found it eventually! It seems you can only record in 4K or 8K in Pro mode, not normal, which is little annoying!
Jonnypocket
Explorer
Options
This isn't the case....you can record 4k and 8k in normal video. At least you should be able to. It works on mine.
0 Likes
JR93
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the heads up, I'm stumped then. Here's a screenshot of my video screen

Screenshot_20210204-210233_Camera.jpg

0 Likes
Jonnypocket
Explorer
Options
This is what it should look like....maybe try updating

Screenshot_20210205-175137_Camera.jpg

JR93
Journeyman
Options
Thanks so much, the screenshot really helps, glad to know I'm not going mad!

Unfortunately, the camera and phone software is up to date, so I'm still stumped
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JR93: I noticed in your screenshot that you're on the Ultra Wide Lens (3 trees symbol). Can you try switching lenses to the 2 tree symbol to see if this brings up more resolution options? 

0 Likes
JR93
Journeyman
Options
@AndrewL Hi, no luck unfortunately, still just standard FHD

Screenshot_20210205-181258_Camera.jpg

0 Likes