Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whatsapp connection on galaxy watch 6

(Topic created on: 05-01-2024 08:53 PM)
glamize
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I have purchased the galaxy watch 6 but it turns out that I use the secure folder on my Samsung S21 phone, any other application allows me to read what the notifications of the different applications that I have in this folder contain, but WhatsApp does not connect, I have approached one of their technicians in Guatemala and they tell me that I must remove WhatsApp from the secure folder so that it connects with the watch, it seems a little absurd to me since the rest of the applications do not require me to be outside so that I can read the content of notifications. Can someone support me please. #Galaxy Watch6 #whatsapp #galaxy S21

4 REPLIES 4
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What's the point of security if it can be bypassed.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Unfortunately that's the way it is
The watch is not as secure as the phone and samsung has the best security in the android industry. Like GoanGeek says no point of security if you get past it.
0 Likes
glamize
Apprentice
Options

Hello, thank you for responding, the curious thing is that the rest of the applications (such as financial applications, emails, etc.) do allow reading the content of the notification, only WhatsApp does not allow it, I am not requesting that the application can be used from the watch.

0 Likes
glamize
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I understand your point but I am not requesting that the application can be used from the watch, I am just asking if you know why WhatsApp does not allow you to read the content of the notification from the watch, when the app is in the secure folder, as I mentioned , the financial apps and email yes, however it is not to be used from there, for some reason I am very satisfied with the secure folder.