Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Phone usage restrictions

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 09:15 PM)
Dee_Tee
Explorer
Options
I contacted Samsung through the website and asked why I don't have the option of recording calls in my phone app settings (i need this desperatelyas i get a lot of false accusations from my ex wife saying i said something i didn't [hence why i try to text or email only, but this isn't always possible] it had at times even had to involve the police so i am desperatefor this software). Privacy legislation in England and Wales does not restrict usage of this software. Notice is required to the person on the call which i would do,  but that's the only issue.
This the reply I got...
"Thank you for waiting. Please allow me to explain that there is no available call recording feature on Samsung UK devices due to privacy and security. What we can suggest now is to send our developers a software feedback so that they can read this, and they can further include this feature in the next future updates. You can send feedback on our Samsung members app and rest assured that our developers will be able to see it."

Can anyone either help me by telling me if I can bypass this pointless restriction? Also will someone please explain to me how I can do what she said and leave feedback? 

Many thanks in advance.
Dee
15 REPLIES 15
Dee_Tee
Explorer
Options
I've tried a number but the other person is always silent!....any ideas?
0 Likes
celalcan
First Poster
Options

My phone is S21 Samsung UK version and I want to record my calls as well but neither Phone by Google nor any other apps I tried record the calls. Did you find a solution? 

0 Likes
AKtibu
Journeyman
Options
If it is for your own personal use (as an equivalent of not taking) there are no legal issues, and you do not need to inform the other party. For other purposes you must inform.
Shaz786
First Poster
Options

Hi Dee,

I know this is an old thread and maybe you no longer need help with this, however for those that are desperate for a solution, you can go to the Google App Store and find "Call Recorder - Cube ACR". You MUST pay for the service and given the importance of the matter, suggest you do to unlock all features including cloud backups etc. Once you purchase and install the app, you must install the addon which enables calls to be captured through accessibility features. It's a little bit tricky at first, but just read the instructions carefully. You'll need to go to apps in the settings section of your phone and select the addon and enable restricted features in the top right hand corner of the screen clicking the three dots. Then turn the addon "on" by going back to accessibility features. Make sure you have WiFi calling turned off as no apps work with "VOIP" services.

Do not take calls from anyone using platforms like WhatsApp or Facebook etc. They can't be recorded on both sides, so it's pointless.

Please note. I do not work for the company I mentioned, but as someone who has been a victim to malicious, devious behaviour of "vulnerable" people, I strongly recommend recording to protect yourself against false, contrived allegations.

Furthermore, if you tell the person you are recording, then you can use the data as evidence legally. If not, at least you have a record to prove otherwise. Also sometimes when people work with professionals like social workers for kids, it's not always about court cases. Sometimes they blacklist you with evidence you are unaware of like secret recordings. It's your right to return the favour and expose the conniving schemers.

I wish you well and hope your issues have been resolved.

0 Likes
callrecordfail
First Poster
Options
It's crazy, I need to record my calls but. I must find another device now
0 Likes
Shaz786
First Poster
Options

No you don't need to find another device, just change your phone OS

0 Likes