Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standoff with samsung regarding camera blurry in 1x mode

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 02:42 PM)
EddN
Journeyman
Options

Hi

My s21ultra exynos has the issue that has been mentioned on several forums by others where quite often when you open the camera it's blurry on the 1x zoom unless the phone is shook or tapped. Examples of other people's issues below

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-1x-camera-focus-blurry/td-p/3940793

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/main-camera-very-blurry/td-p/4073483

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-camera-blurry/td-p/4495952

The camera worked fine until December 2021. I booked a doorstep repair and someone from wefix came out, plugged it into a diagnostics machine and said "no fault found, can't repair"

I then sent it to samsung direct and they also stated no fault found, returning it unrepaired.

I've reset the cache, camera data and obviously factory reset the phone several times due to the repair policy but no difference, the fault remains. 

Frustrated I contacted samsunguk via Instagram and they are basically saying "sorry, if our engineers say its not faulty, it's not faulty" and basically tough. They even had the cheek to suggest its user error and that for every photo you need to adjust the aspect ratio otherwise the photo may be blurry, this despite it being on the standard camera at 3:4 and it never having an issue until 9 months or so into ownership. I sent examples of the blurry pics in question aswell as links to the forums where others have had the same issue.

What's really galling is the multiple other examples of other people having the exact same issue, and it being fixed by samsung with a camera module replacement.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how I should proceed with this? The phone is under warranty and clearly has a fault with the camera that appears to be fairly common, but samsung are effectively saying "computer says no" and not willing to accept there is an issue and fix it.

It probably would have cost them less to just replace the camera module the first time then to pay for couriers to pick up the phone and return it it the second time round.

Any advice greatly appreciated 

34 REPLIES 34
Yara Rose
Student
Options

I have exactly the same issue!! Started blurry after an update! Between 1  and 3m. Never had an issue before. No amount of tapping solves the problem. I have to upgrade now and feel like switching to iPhone rather. So pissed off

0 Likes
Yara Rose
Student
Options

Mine started blurring after an update!!!! Also bought it for the camera😡😡

0 Likes
Rainforest
First Poster
Options
I also have been experiencing this issue with my s1 ultra and I had the same issue with my samsung a90. I came here to see if it was a me thing or a general thing.. I now know that this samsung issue and would discontinue using their product
0 Likes
icy_
Student
Options

I would like to give an update: Nothing worked. Camera went back to taking annoyingly blurry pictures at 1x zoom level. My solution was to use the rebate program and knock-off $650 from the price of a new Galaxy S23 Ultra. That would be my recommendation for everybody. Whatever the software glitch could not be fixed with any updates on Samsung's part. I hope somebody at Samsung's engineering department is seriously working on this and will prevent it from happening again. S23 Ultra takes immaculately sharp pictures and I am seriously hoping that it will stay that way... 

Use the rebate program, upgrade and get rid of S21 Ultra... is the solution at this point, sadly. 

0 Likes
ReneMC
First Poster
Options

I can totally relate to 1x setting blurry and even blurry pictures and a zoomed in effect happening in WhatsApp... But I came across an answer here, actually the comment below mine mentioned "If you can shake or tap it to get rid of blur it indicates a sticking lens stabilization device..." So I just tapped the sides of my camera and gave it a good shake and VIOLA it worked. It fixed both the above-mentioned issues, I kid you not. lol 

0 Likes