Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update not available on data

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 10:45 AM)
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
Just checked with my data operator and they confirmed they don't limit the software update over data. So wtf is going on? Paid big money for an "ultra"  smartphone and an unlimited data contract hoping this is it and then I get stuck every month on this bullshit "download over WiFi only". Has anyone any idea why this is happening? Is it exclusive to this model?
24 REPLIES 24
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Which model of S21 do you have, G99*B, G99*W, G99*U, etc; and which network are you on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
***B, O2
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I am using the Ultra, G998B, on CSC code BTU, (Samsung stock, non-carrier branded firmware), on EE and GiffGaff, (O2), SIMs and have no problem with using data for software updates.

What is your device's CSC code, in case it is a carrier firmware issue.

Go to... Settings > About phone >Software information > Service provider software version (see screenshot)

HLAT5Gp.jpg

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
.Screenshot_20211228-190831_Settings_6532_1640718511.jpg
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I can't say if it has anything to do with your issue but your device is an O2 carrier branded device, (O2U), running their version of Samsung's stock, (BTU), firmware. You will need to compare your devices with another O2U to determine if it is a carrier firmware related issue or just peculiar to your phone. 

AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
First real answer 😊 thanks I'll check into it.
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Turn off "auto download over wifi" and then it should be working on mobile data. The option is right in the first page of the software update menu
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
I apreciate your advice. I've done this long time ago but it isn't working it's what I currently have.
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
.Screenshot_20211228-203641_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
.Screenshot_20211228-203816_Settings.jpg
0 Likes