Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung still screwing customers with exynos

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 12:27 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

You will see over the course of the next few days how the 2100 chip is still inferior to the snapdragon despite Samsung's bold claim and erm well lies.

Comparisons will be on YouTube shortly.

Samsung claim they improved the 2100..Well compared to what? The 990? Lol that's not saying much..infact it's no standard to compare to at all.

So its still falling behind compared to the Snapdragon, this is is where it matters.Yet the regions with the 2100 will still be paying more for these devices, rest assured.

YOU CAN NOT CALL TWO DEVICES WITH DIFFERENT CHIPS THAT PERFORM DIFFERENTLY THE SAME NAME THEY ARE TWO DIFFEREMT PHONES, ITS MISLEADLING AND YOU ARE KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY SHAFTING PEOPLE. SAMSUNG HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

A BMW WITH A SKODA ENGINE IS NOT A BMW, ITS A SKODA.

so my question to everyone is why do you keeping letting samsung do this to you? 

Let me summarise.

No charger
No earphones
No SD card slot
Inferior displays on s21&s21+
Inferior 2100 Chipsetsfor everyone outside of USA, CHINA and KOREA.

Ask yourself if their own chips are so good, then why don't they ship exynos in their own country? You would think they would be loud and proud.

This says everything you need to know, therefore, respectfully to all the Samsung fan boys, and the ignorant, I urge you to WAKE UP.

BOYCOTT SAMSUNG

33 REPLIES 33
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (Snapdragon 888) vs S21 Ultra (Exynos 2100)

I should state that I am not a big fan of these benchmark tests and prefer real life usage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
yeah I get you...I wasn't actually referring to that test..they are yet to come from trusted YouTube tech reviewer who will be doing real life usage test comparisons over the next few days as their restrictions have been lifted as of today ..my information in from trusted sources who I can not disclose but as I said these tests you will see in the days to come will confirm my statement
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In regards to bench tests I personally don't read much into them.

As said it's the real world usage from the consumer and trusted YouTube reviewers is feedback I take interest in.

I sent back my N20 Ultra 5G Exynos version and free Samsung Buds Live back to Samsung UK and instead imported the N20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon version from Hong Kong, and bought the Samsung Buds Live at full cost,  and in my own usage experience the difference between the two phone's  is night and day.

For me it's about better optimisation.

As Samsung started putting the Snapdragon soc in it's last phone i.e the Samsung Galaxy fe and offered that as a choice albeit at an extra cost but listed the extra charge because it has 5G, I really hoped they would offer either a choice of Snapdragon or Exynos version at the point of sale or better still just use Snapdragon.

I'm waiting for the N21 Ultra 5G and my intention will be importing one again from Hong Kong.

On balance most users won't notice or care unless they encounter any issues and come to forums like these or Google Search.

It will be interesting to watch the reviews now the embargo is lifted.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for your enlightening post.  I must say that to post directly on the samsung official forums 'BOYCOTT SAMSUNG' is not likely to be well received.  

I am not sure what you are expecting from comments ?   I mean for the most of the UK market we have no choice each year,i f Samsung choose to use their Exynos chipset ... and although it does appear that the S21 Ultra 'hands on' reviews have all been very positive from what I have watched on youtube and read in various articles, the latest benchmark that @ironass  has posted is showing that the GPU processing power is likely not as good with the Exynos2100. but actually the CPU power looks to be on a good par with the SD888.  

What does this GPU power mean for most people... probably not a great deal for real usage if truth be told.    Who is generally going to be pushing their phone to the max limits on a daily basis like these benchmarking tools do ?   Gaming can be a fun addition to phones with an XBOX ultimate account, but lets face it... with a 6.8 screen you can't play games for very long on any phone platform... so ultimate gaming and GPU intensive tasks are hardly a massive compromise. 

I relate this GPS performance subject similar to the gaming PC markets.   There are some owners and users that feel that unless you have the best possible graphics card and highest frame rates that you are somehow inferior ... when in reality the less capable mid range graphics card will still work for a good experience still.   A lot of owners get so bogged down with 'raw power' and benchmarking their top end graphics card, that they lose sight of the important thing, which is the ability to play the game in the first place... a few FPS isn't gonna turn that person into a winner.    In all likelihood they will still get their butt kicked by a spotty teenager using a low spec PC ! 😂

Personally I am impressed with what I have read so far about the S21 ultra and looking forward to receiving my pre-order and putting it through it's paces.  

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve by your post ?  To upset a few people... get some people that have pre-ordered the UK version of the S21, to become anxious about their purchase and have second thoughts ?    Or perhaps like to troll the Samsung brand ?

Thanks for your comments, everyone is entitled to an opinion.    in the meantime if you have any benchmarks or data that will backup your claims then please share... I would certainly like to see some evidence for your claims. other than this one comparison that was added by ironass and which actually show the 2100 gives a decent performance.   

Kind Regards

Smiley 😀

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sorry, but the opening post is BS. The difference in processors makes no difference in day to day use. If you are not happy don't buy one.

Pete3012
Pioneer
Options
rather than telling people to stop buying samsung phones like in another comment you made on a different post take your own advise and buy a different brand of phone am sure you will be satisfied then what ever you do please don't buy samsung as you will only regret your choice of handset based on your distain of the exynos
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
OK, so firstly my comments were not based on that comparison that was posted here I have not seen it.. I already explained this. Secondly, the phone I'm using is Samsung but its my last one from buying their products for over 10 years. Now when I made my post I wasn't looking people to agree or disagree with me I'm stating facts as you will see from upcoming reviews. Side by Side comparisons have not been uploaded yet, but they will be shortly due to the restrictions on tech reviewers being lifted.
Just as you guys are happy with the exynos..there are loads more who are not

it's a really simple principle get your head around it if you can...

if you gonna sell a phone then its needs to be the same phone no matter where you sell it in the world..the internals can not be different and it still be the same phone...Exynos sucks..im not looking for anyone's approval..and this could be the personal forum/community of the CEO of Samsung, and I will still them how much exynos sucks.

the whole point of my post is not to panic people but to wait for the comparisons and then make an informed choice..after that if the want to spend there hard earned money on ***** they have every right to do so
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
no what you said is proper BS..it all depends on how you use your phone and how often..Seems like you just use yours for calls and text
0 Likes