Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 family

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 08:25 PM)
Ravan_Caw
Explorer
Options
Why did Samsung take away the micro sd just one of the best features.
11 REPLIES 11
Ravan_Caw
Explorer
Options
OK so far I've got 31.1 GB in Apps 19.75 GB in Systems 25.97 GB in other and so on. The phone has 128GB as you can see 61% has been used so far as the phone gets blotted with systems files and other bits and pieces there will be no room for music or photos or anything else you would like to keep on your phone.
it will end up like an iPhone where there is so much Systems programs running the thing that's there is no room for apps or anything.

Yes you can get a bigger memory in your phone but that comes at a cost.
where I have a sd card already I can just put that in the sd card slot.

what I'm talking about it that this feature was good.
what if you can't upload to a PC what if you can't afford cloud backup that every business is trying to make you pay for.
smaller memory in your phone get cloud back more like corporate greed.

Screenshot_20210310-210346_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
It's a point. I can see where your coming from. But also I kinda don't see how some of these issues can co-exist if people are being honest with themselves and everyone else.

Currently the phones that have went in this direction of no expandable storage have been iphones or new flagship android phones. If people can afford flagship phones or opt willingly for iphones but at the same time are unable to make the 1.49 to 7.99 and beyond a month payments for cloud storage they're not living within their means, lying or need to work on budgeting.

So for example music storage which is a concern I do have since trying Amazon HD recently on trial. Their Ultra HD songs can be 100mb or 200mb a song, an album 1GB perhaps. Crazy. And I have loads of albums and songs in my streaming libraries to the point I could fill my remaining storage on my 256GB Ultra. Not that your forced to download at that quality you can opt for HD or just non HD or Hifi quality ranging 320kb/s down to under 100kb/s. The difference is really small to most people unless you have headphones or earphones that have the ability to give light to such bitrates. But again, if you do then you obviously have some $$$ abs can afford cos storage. A workaround is to only download the albums and songs you are currently listening to and remove the older stuff in your collection (not delete it just remove it from offline to online) that takes up space, and mix and match between your music depending on what you are mostly listening to at the time. Also by talking about downloading music you must have a streaming service your paying for to have that ability which is usually 9.99 a month minimum or you pay for music which means the same as I said before (£££$$$) or you illegally download it, to which I have no sympathy for unfortunately, use YouTube over WiFi or only do it to Artists like Taylor Swift as I'm sure she'll survive.

Another workaround is to keep your photos and videos off the internal storage of your phone to save space and store them on your USB drive or cloud services. Plenty of cloud storage providers give lots of free storage up to a decent amount like 15gb for Google. Use multiple services if needed. A cheap memory card is like 10 or 15 pounds or dollars, cloud storage can range from free as said, to free unlimited (prime customers only which yes technically costs, also don't bet on it being unlimited free forever and remember only 5gb max video storage) to £1.49 a month for 100gb 2.49 for 200gb to £7.99 for 2tb (I wrote a lengthy guide on how people in the UK can get cheap Microsoft 365 subscriptions if they know people to share with and have access to an Argos store. That's what I do. I share with my sister and get 1TB storage for £1.66 a month. It could be as cheap as 55p a month if you can share with the max 6 people who ask her 1tb seperate storage. (Can be even cheaper if you sell the McAfee software bundled with the specific deal to the point where it's 20p a month. You just have to be on the lookout for crafty ways to get stuff cheaply. I see the costs being quite similar and just remember MicroSD's are not meant to last forever. They will die a painful death one day, with all the 0's and 1's you had stored gone forever. They can also corrupt too without much warning, just like governments. AND companies i'm not saying companies are angelic either. You did say corporate greed, see we are on the same team. I get off track easily so forgive me. I've never wrote a small reply ever. They are annoyingly small too my chubby fingers so many a time have nearly dropped them and 9 times out of 10 when you drop something small it does a freak bounce and is gone forever. Just like your data if you don't come join us on the cloud side of life. It's fluffy and soft up here in the cloud, join us, JOIN US!!!! ☁️👾👾☠️😈

Right back to serious face, the A series phones from Samsung are fantastic I had the A71 that lineup has both the headphone jack and microSD.
0 Likes