Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S10 Crashes after unlock

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
bRokenphone
Journeyman
Options

Hi

My old S10 isnt backed up and for some reason has started to crash as soon as i unlock the phone. It boots up as normal, however, when unlocking the phone, it takes you to the screen where it says phone is starting up and just goes black and freezes. I have tried opening into settings whoch works for a few seconds but it then freezes on whichever page it is on

I have cleared cache via revovery mode as well as re optimised apps

Are there any suggestions for how i can retrieve my pictures from this phone

I believe there is some sort of system UI issue however i cannot get to the setting required to reset it without the phone freezing and then auto rebooting

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you try Safe Mode @bRokenphone 

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. Alternatively long press the power off button and then ling hold on Turn Off to get to Safe Mode. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
YT VxndxlisedFN
Explorer
Options
if you have a computer you can connect it to the pc and in theory you could select it on your phone to transfer files from the lock screen then copy the files over
bRokenphone
Journeyman
Options
Ive tried connecting to laptop but the phone is not recognised, also the files are in the secure folder which adds an extra hurdle
0 Likes
YT VxndxlisedFN
Explorer
Options
as @BandOfBrothers said, try safe mode
bRokenphone
Journeyman
Options
Tried that too, tried clearing cache
0 Likes
YT VxndxlisedFN
Explorer
Options
im lost with this one and all i can say is to go to samsung support
bRokenphone
Journeyman
Options
From what ive found i either need to reflash firmware or theres some sort of issue with connectors/chips that need resoldering
0 Likes
YT VxndxlisedFN
Explorer
Options
does sound like the problem if im being honest
bRokenphone
Journeyman
Options
UPDATE:

I allowed the phone to fully die. After recharging i got past the lock screen and it began to work for around 30 seconds before i got an error message saying system UI has stopped working

The screen then froze and the issue has started again
0 Likes