Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone Locked

(Topic created on: 02-03-2024 09:04 PM)
LaineyK
First Poster
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 + which was stolen from me some time ago. I reported it lost to my network and locked it on find my phone. I had it returned to me and haven't been able to unlock it since. My network are seeing that they have removed the blacklist on the device but the screen says "This phone is lost" and is asking for a code. I don't have a code for this phone and samsung will only take it in for repair at a charge. Is anyone able to help my unlock it? I hsve tried to fsctory reset but it doesnt seem to work. It also looks like the phone is in flight mode 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Your device is locked because of the fact you reported it stolen, Whenever you lock it, it asks you to set a pin (as far as im aware). if you cannot remember this pin then i dont think you can unlock it.
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Could the OP run a factory data reset from the recovery menu?
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
I dont think so, Whenever you lock a device, it completely locks. What would be the point in locking a device for a theif to then factory reset it.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Fair point of course, wasn't sure myself.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Then the OP needs to go back to the network to get it unlocked.

Once they've done their checks and agree to unlock, it may take a few days to roll out to the network. 👍
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
The poster stated that the network removed the block, therefore its most likely something to do with samsung themselves atp.
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Yes saw that but if they haven't done it fully......

I suspect you are right and it is something to do with the Find app where Samsung may have locked it too.

Shouldn't need to book a repair for that though.
0 Likes
LaineyK
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your comments. It is unlocked with the network provider. It is an issue with the Find My phone app.
0 Likes
LaineyK
First Poster
Options
Thanks I thought that might be the case
0 Likes