Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help stop with held calls

(Topic created on: 02-03-2024 08:08 PM)
howdoi
Journeyman
Options
I got a Samsung galaxy phone need help to stop with held numbers ringing me please sorry am old and not technical so easy instructions please thanks 
13 REPLIES 13
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hi there

Please click on your phone app (green, on home screen).

Click on 3 dots.
Click on settings
Click on Block Numbers

You'll now see a setting which you can toggle on or off (slide left or right) to block unknown numbers. These calls will go to your voicemail if you have it turned on.

Please remember though that this will block most withheld numbers, even if you actually want to receive some. So if you're expecting a call, you may wish to toggle it on briefly until you've received that call.
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
You can block some numbers as per screenshot. Phone>settings> block numbers. However, some numbers you can't block because as you say they withhold their number. I sometimes get these and there's nothing you can do about it...other than change your number.1709410900615_1709410900606_0.jpg
howdoi
Journeyman
Options
But it says block unknown and private numbers does that mean all withheld numbers and numbers that are shown will be blocked
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Unknown numbers are "unknown" because they don't display a number for caller ID. Calls from numbers you don't know---but still appear on caller ID will still get thru unfortunately.
howdoi
Journeyman
Options
OK thanks for that it's unknown ie with held numbers am sick of them I will answer from numbers that displayed just fed up of with held numbers
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Agreed. I will only answer calls from people in my contacts list, or with a valid caller ID. Anyone else gets ignored.
howdoi
Journeyman
Options
Yes that's what I want need a caller id
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
No, just those that would come up as "withheld", "unknown" or "private".

The term unknown is at network level, not user level, so although you may not know the caller, if the number is showing it will still come through.

You can also block individual numbers of course.
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
What phone model do you have. I have S23 ultra and have this option (see screenshot)1709412647142_1709412647136_0.jpg
0 Likes