Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9/S10 new update Autocorrect not working

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 10:21 AM)
Absneg
Apprentice
Options
Hello, i have a  S9 phone and it was working fine. Sine January 2020 update was installed on my phone, auto correction stopped working. I have gone through the keyboard settings and ensured the relavant options are ticked off but the problem is not resolved. I also uninstalled UK English keyboard and replaced it with the USA English keyboard as indicated by another user, but still i am having the same issue. Appreciate your assistance.
48 REPLIES 48
Artsiom
First Poster
Options
Thank you very much!
0 Likes
FBFB
First Poster
Options

Thank you. It's working now. The instruction was very clear.

0 Likes
TPET
First Poster
Options

Thanks AndrewL, this worked for me too! Much appreciated

0 Likes
Danorogan
First Poster
Options
Cheers...
S9 back working perfect...😃😃😃🙂
0 Likes
Auburn
First Poster
Options

Just click the Settings (gear wheel) from the text toolbar panel -> Languages and types ->Manage Input Languages -> Tap English (US) to download.

Then go back one step and tap Smart Typing -> turn on Pedictive Text

Billy1969
First Poster
Options

Hi my samsung s10 updated 2 days ago and now i have no predictive text, i went to settings but autocorrect is on but its all greyed out and cant switch off or on 

0 Likes
Nik72
Apprentice
Options

I tried what was recommended, checked and rebooted, checked again and still no luck

Mandy1973
First Poster
Options

Go to language input and out English and then set your auto replace to English and your predictive text the same. The update wipes your settings so keyboard has no idea what language it needs to correct. This worked amazing and I hope it works for you too. Fixes immediately without restart.

0 Likes
Nik72
Apprentice
Options

I tried all that to begin with. To be sure i changed English Australian to English UK just in case  And made sure predictive text was on. Double checked everything, but still no luck

0 Likes
Natnic
First Poster
Options

Hi, can you explain what to do here please. My phone updated last night, since then the predictive text feature doesn't work. I've gone in to seetings but the toggle to switch it back on is not lit and won't change. Can someone help?

0 Likes