cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Topic created on: 14-05-2024 06:34 AM)
Damaz1980
Journeyman
Options
Yesterday I got 6.1 updated on my s21ultra. The update brick my phone. Is turn on but touch screen not working 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Options
Can you put it in safe mode clear cache etc and re boot it
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Was the screen a replacement or original. Some reports that non authorised replacement screens have had problems with the new update.
Damaz1980
Journeyman
Options
That's right the screen was replaced last month,is any chance to beck phone to live?
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Authorised Samsung replacement or 3rd party?
0 Likes
Damaz1980
Journeyman
Options
Local shop no Samsung
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Unfortunately, you may have to get it repaired at an Authorised Samsung centre at cost to yourself. Some other things you can try in the meantime are

1) boot to safe mode - this disables all 3rd party apps. Long press on power key, long press on power icon (appreciate that screen is unresponsive, but please try). Tap safe mode icon.

2) Perform cache partition wipe - Plug into a working PC or laptop

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

Again, I appreciate that the screen is unresponsive, but please see if you can perform the above.

Jersey1
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me. If you're tech savvy you can revert/rollback to the previous version 6.0 by booting the phone into download mode and flashing the old firmware from a PC using the Odin app. There are guides on how to do this.

That's what I did. I'm not giving Samsung a dime or purchasing a new  because they put a failed update and refuse to create a solution that doesn't involve them getting paid.

In the meantime you can still use the phone with the stylus or a USB-C mouse. Anyone suggesting dropping $300 on a new screen is out of their mind.