Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE 5G camera no longer works after most recent update.

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Tixbomber
Apprentice
Options

I'm about 100% sure at this point. The update broke my S20 FE camera app. Worked perfectly fine before it, and no new apps installed. Now I just get the "camera failed" error. I have tried it all. Clear data and cache. Up to date. Hard and soft restart. Reset cam settings. Booted in safe mode (still didn't work). Reset all settings Google, Samsung, EVERYTHING. Did a factory reset.

Is anyone else having this issue? Or maybe have any other suggestions to fix it? I tried all the Samsung troubleshooting, all the stuff I could find on the web. And, STILL NOTHING. 

4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
If you've tried everything inc a full factory reset and the camera is still failing, then reach out to support who will advise to get it inspected by an authorised Samsung centre.
Tixbomber
Apprentice
Options

I appreciate the response. But, I'm not going to pay "Samsung", to fix the phone THEY broke. Although, I guess it could be a GALACTIC coincidence. I was using my camera 5mins before the update just fine. And right after the update, now it's "broken". 

Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Then please feed this back to Samsung anyway. They may already be aware of this issue and are developing a fix as we speak. If you don't let them know, then they can't fix it.
0 Likes
Tixbomber
Apprentice
Options

I went through it all with them. Sent them proof of the picture I took 5 mins before, showed them the update and the exact time it happened, sent them proof showing "camera error" just pops up.  And they still told me I would have to pay for the diagnosis, and any repair. After almost a decade, I guess I'll just switch to Apple and iOS and be done with it. I'm over all the nonsense that comes with Android, Google, and Samsung. My original Razr Droid worked better.

0 Likes