Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos blurry.

(Topic created on: 18-07-2023 03:45 PM)
Helen22
Explorer
Options
I've just got a s21 ultra and the camera is meant to be the big draw. I'm struggling.
I had the s10 and I took a photo and it was clear, I take the same photo with this phone and the background is blurry. You can see the figurines and even the door aren't clear on the ultra. What am i doing wrong?

S10

S21 ultra

18 REPLIES 18
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Obviously, the focus is set for the objects in the foreground, unlike in the S10 photo, which seems to be completely omitted. Photos of completely different compositions shouldn't be compared
Helen22
Explorer
Options
I have no idea how to fix the focus, that's why I posted.
If clicked in the screen to get the circle on that area and I doesn't change.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you tap once on the area you wish to focus, the camera will try to adjust to that specific spot. If you get the circle, it means you've held your finger there and locked position, the circle allows you to adjust the exposure.
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
I have the same issue, it's a camera fault which seems to be very common on the s21 ultra. Give it a light jolt and it should focus or start with 10x then 3x then to 1x and it should be clear. Honestly as soon as samsung phones reach two years, their planned obsolescence comes into play, so you get rid of your old phone and buy a newer model, I suggest taking legal action, its the only way samsung will learn
Helen22
Explorer
Options
Yep, like I said I've already clicked on the screen to get that circle and it doesn't change.
0 Likes
Helen22
Explorer
Options
Legal action is out of my finances, I just tried that and the second it drops from 3 to 2.9 it blurs. The lens for below 3 must be the issue as fiddled for ages with it. Hopefully someone from Samsung will reply and help us.......
Helen22
Explorer
Options
Exactly the same problem I'm reporting. Seems its a common fault and not my lack of knowledge.
0 Likes
Helen22
Explorer
Options
I made a screen record (just found out I could do that!) To show you the fix. Tap the side of the camera and it clicks in to focus! Shame I can't share it here but tried it on a few items and worked every time.
I'm old enough to remember hitting the tv on the side to make it focus, in 40 years things haven't changed!
0 Likes