Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim card

(Topic created on: 13-06-2023 12:44 AM)
BrianMill49
Journeyman
Options
I've been getting text messages from virgin mobile in the UK. My problem is that they want me to change sims to O2 I don't want it I travel to the Highlands in Scotland and 02 signal is poor love virgin.  When I test my phone it's saying that there is something wrong with my sim but I'm able to do everything nothings wrong. Is this virgin mobile trying to change the signal so I have to change. Anybody know if there's a way to keep to virgin mobile. Many thanks B.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/virgin-mobile-to-o2

You will find more info in the link.
You could always give virgin a call, discuss your concerns with them.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BrianMill49

Virginia is a Virtual Network Mobile Operator MVNO that merged with o2 and as such works on the o2 network via piggy backing.

Virgin Mobile UK. 

So both options should give you the same signal strength and data speeds.

Have a word with your Networks Customer Services to ask why this is happening.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

mark770
Voyager
Options
Virgin have been using O2 network for a couple of years now so even though it appears you use Virgins network, you have actually been using O2. Virgin doesn't and never has had its own network and this change to actually being billed etc from O2 is coupled to the merger of the 2 companies.
keith30
Maestro
Options
My phone is from o2 and I also have virgin Media though my home, my t.v and landlines and broadband too. Virgin merged with o2 a couple of years ago and I have what is called volt as I'm with both. Vigin mobile is closing down it's mobile smartphone system that was separate to it's virgin Media network hence it's confusing as they are the both the same company.
0 Likes
min40
First Poster
Options
I've lost all sound on my Samsung A.40
0 Likes