Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Help?? Apps keep crashing on device

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 09:13 PM)
Greeny0601
Explorer
Options

Apps keep crashing on device... Any one having a similar issue?? 

Handful of apps not all...have rebooted and cleared cache etc
Go to solution
176 REPLIES 176
Bennyboi
First Poster
Options
thanks alot, you just solved a problem that has kept me in a worried mood for the past 36hours. but why is that 'Android System Web' The problem?
nonetheless I will share this for others with similar problem to see too and put their worry to rest.
0 Likes
danmidd
Voyager
Options
There are several posts about this you need to go into the Google play store and update the web view thing .. it sorted it for me 🙂👍
Solution
DannyT
Options

Hey all,

Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to a Google Webview issue, and this problem has already been resolved with the latest app update. You don't need to delete the updates any longer. We've also updated Chrome to version 89.0.4389.105. Update both apps by following these steps:

- Android System Webview : Settings > Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update
- Chrome: Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update
* If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to enable the update. 

Hope this helps! 

Welcome to the Community!

CherryG
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue with apps crashing that had previously worked OK. help
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hey all,

Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to a Google Webview issue, and this problem has already been resolved with the latest app update. You don't need to delete the updates any longer. We've also updated Chrome to version 89.0.4389.105. Update both apps by following these steps:

- Android System Webview : Settings > Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update
- Chrome: Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update
* If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to enable the update. 

Hope this helps! 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
kaz10
First Poster
Options
mine are crashing to keeps saying emails stopping cannot even type anything
0 Likes
Jarvinio
First Poster
Options
happening to me too.