Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps crashing, then restarting s21+ 5g

(Topic created on: 19-08-2023 12:59 AM)
thefad3done
Explorer
Options
Probably started about 4/ 5 months ago, my phone started to randomly crash. Sometimes when using it. Other times it would do it when not being used.

What tends to happen is the phone freezes, screen goes black. Then it vibrates and restarts, taking an age to start sometimes and every now and then the one ui will do its app optimisation thing.

On occasion, random apps will start to crash before the full crash occurs. I.e I'll be on Instagram or on chrome (or literally any other app), and it'll close suddenly and not repoen. I try to open anything else and the same until suddenly full phone crash & restart. I also have had it crash on the restart itself where only the samsung logo appears and it doesn't continue to load (where the secured by knox logo then appears) and I have have to force it off with the button presses. There appears to be no pattern to the crashes and i can go days or weeks without issue or I'll have multiple instances of this occurring over and over in just a few days

The phones still in warranty and I've had Samsung out to look at it but couldn't find any faults with it. Even the device care app says "your phone restarted recently" but doesn't list any faults or issues whatsoever. None of the "tests" ever find an issue. It is doing my head in as I cannot figure out what the issue is or what's causing it.

Everything I have tried:
Apps are up to date (both stores including making sure android Web viewer and google play services updated as i have seen this mentioned lots)
Factory resets have been done many times
Cache clearing in the bootloader options
Safe mode
System updates applied
Have also tried not installing any additional apps other than stock, still occurs.
I've ensured that the restart occasionally option is turned off (and still is)
Gone through the diagnostic stuff on device care with no issues showing
Had and engineer out, found no fault on tests so didn't do anything although on the phone they said it was likely a main board issue.

Starting to lose my patience with, the otherwise lovely, phone.
16 REPLIES 16
kingcobra99
Explorer
Options
May have a bug in system have you tried doing a hard reset
0 Likes
thefad3done
Explorer
Options
Since the August update dropped for me (pribably 2/3 days ago now), I haven't experienced the crashes anymore...so far..... fingers crossed something in the update has fixed it. Shall report back if it does occur again though.

And yes, hard reset has been attempted to.
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
According to some samsung fanboys on here, it was just me having this issue LOL seems like a significant number of people are having this BS issue after updates
0 Likes
rajeev29
First Poster
Options
happening for me also. only started happening after the recent update
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Literally nothing works, not even a factory reset.. why doesn't Samsung acknowledge this issue that's what I want to know?? Its clearly a bug that's affecting a significant number of phones
0 Likes
thefad3done
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately, it occurred again last night. Doesn't look like the issue has been resolved by the latest update. Does appear to be happening less frequently though. Have submitted bug reports, hopefully helps diagnose the issue
0 Likes
thefad3done
Explorer
Options
Yet more crashes...
0 Likes
thefad3done
Explorer
Options
Getting really annoyed with samsung support. I do the bug reports immediately after a crash as advised yet they tell me there is nothing they can see. How? The samsung members app was what recognised there was a crash so I can't understand why if that was detecting the crash and I then file the bug report How support can't find anything. It makes no sense.

What a joke!
0 Likes
thefad3done
Explorer
Options
Had a main board and USB port replacement after diagnostics from wefix tech showing a bunch of errors.

Let's hope it's resolved now..
0 Likes