Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails.

(Topic created on: 13-05-2023 01:51 PM)
DQC
Apprentice
Options
Guys....I can't receive emails anymore,not sure what's happened,tried deleting,re installing,deleting emails,archives,spam you name it I've done it...any ideas? I need this account?
6 REPLIES 6
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @DQC. It's important that you can access your emails again. I presume that you're using the Samsung Email app. If it's a different app that you're using, please let me know.

I understand that you've already been through a variety of steps. Please can you let me know whether the steps provided in the guide below help you get your emails up and running again?:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10-series/samsung-e-mail-app-not-syncing/td-p/1674396

DQC
Apprentice
Options
Hiya,thanks for reply I have a few different email apps but it's the Samsung one I use,none of them are working,they sync but nothing comes through,I usually get tonnes of emails a day,my one drive was full but I've deactivated that,and also deleted lots of stuff and off Google too..nothings working 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

You're welcome, @DQC, and thanks for clarifying what seems to have happened here. From what you've written, it would appear that you're using a Microsoft-issued email address (e.g. Outlook, Hotmail, etc.), and you're getting your emails via the Samsung Email app.

As I understand it, Microsoft has now integrated Outlook email attachments into OneDrive's storage space. This is separate from the storage space allocated to the email account, but reduced storage space could affect your sending or receiving of emails. Basically, in this scenario (e.g. storage space allocated to emails having run out), it would stop your emails from coming through.

I appreciate you've already cleared some data from your OneDrive allocation. It is possible, however, that these data are not linked to your email allocation.

I recommend signing into your email account via Microsoft's web-based option (e.g. effectively accessing your email account via the site), or temporarily using one of its email apps to see your actual storage quota. My feeling is that your emails might not be coming through to you, as the storage may have run out. This would require you to delete some files/emails that are contributing to the quota. Alternatively, you might need to buy more storage.

To reiterate, if you're unable to or would prefer not to buy more storage, you would just need to go into your OneDrive account and manage the storage - effectively, it would require you to free up more space on your account.

If you're unsure how to do this, my recommendation is to reach out to Microsoft for further instructions.

I hope this helps. Please let me know when you get this matter resolved. 

DQC
Apprentice
Options
Hiya,thanks for great reply again,well my onedrive account is now frozen,I put it on hold last month,now its totally frozen and wants me to buy more storage which I refuse to do so,it says I'm 193% over my storage limit,I'll try to delete some if I log in using the browser now maybe that will work
0 Likes
DQC
Apprentice
Options
Also if I delete everything off onedrive like all pictures everything will they go off my phone top or is that just as backup? Sorry not great with all this
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

My pleasure. 👍 If you delete all files from your OneDrive, those will not be accessible via the app - but will only be deleted from the folder you're cleaning up.

Before deleting any pictures from OneDrive (they do go to the Recycle Bin initially), I recommend having a look at your Gallery app to ensure that you have copies on your phone. You may wish to download and Back up any files on your OneDrive to your phone, and you could then upload them to another Cloud storage service.

The guide below, from Samsung US, is very useful for turning off the Sync with OneDrive option (ensuring that the storage quota doesn't fill up quickly again):

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060519/