Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 10:00 AM)
SophieMarie
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys and gals. Does anyone know when exactly Android 14 is coming out for Samsung S21 series? I have Samsung S21 ultra. Next year Android 15 will be the last Android update for my phone as it was made with Android 11 and Samsung now provides Samsung phones with four years of Android updates!!! If anyone has Samsung S23 series then the last Android software they will get will be Android 16. And then Samsung S24 will have Android software updates till Android 20!!! You understand the pattern. 

So anyone who has a Samsung S21 series Android 15 will be the last Android software update unfortunately!!

Hopefully Android 14 will be out in November this year as Android 13 came out for Samsung S21 series and latest Samsung phones in November 2022!!!
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No official date of release as yet
But might start rolling out later this month for S23 series and Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Actually the S23 will probably end with Android 17, since it was launched with Android 13 as standard. Unless Samsung change policy or Google rename android numbers, the S24 line will likely end with Android 18.
martandbecs
Journeyman
Options
My s21 ultra is still running UI 4.1, android 12 and hasn't had a security update since September last year. Whenever I try to update, whether its via the phone or on my pc, it tells me its upto date. Any ideas how I can update everything. It's ever since I had a replacement phone after breaking my old one
SophieMarie
Pioneer
Options
Hi thanks for your comments. I believe that Android 14 is the second to last update for Samsung S21 series as it came with Android 11. So next year Android 15 will be the last major update for Samsung S21 series phones, S22 will be Android 16 and Samsung S23 will be Android 17 and the new Samsung S24 series coming out next year will have major updates till Android 18
0 Likes