Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10 Lite has black screen and won't charge

(Topic created on: 08-10-2023 01:51 PM)
troop0
First Poster
Options
Hello.

Last night my phone was charging and it shut down on automatically. It showed a circle with a lightning symbol but it doesn't seem to be charging. I have tried to forced restart, soft reboot but it all just ends back to the lightning symbol. I'm scared to do factory reset because my data is not backed up but I don't think my phone will even let me do that. What should I do? Any advice?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @troop0 Are you using an official Samsung charger, does there not appear to be any problem with the charger?  can you try another cable?  check for dust/debris/water in the charging port and give it a clean in any case.

check the Diagnostics in Samsung Members to see if an issue is detected, Samsung Members-Support-Diagnostics-Cable charging. if nothing detected and still issues an idea to try Safe Mode, if charges ok here would pinpoint issue with 3rd party app.

if still not resolved I would suggest clearing the cache partition before trying a Factory Reset. Temporary files are deleted but your Data is intact. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

As far backing up Data have you tried via Accounts and Back up.   Samsung cloud no longer backs up photos/files but can synchronise with One Drive,use other cloud services or local storage.  one Drive Information here https://www.samsung.com/One Drive  Some back up information here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

R2k8978
First Poster
Options

Hi James,

I almost never reply or post on any community boards. But i had to reply to you because your suggestion worked when i have tried everything on yt and other pages and with red thumbs from holding down power and Volume down button.

Your suggestion "Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key" works.

I have had black screen of dead on my S7 as well and same thing on my s10, but your trick made my phone boot like normal.

Wanted to make sure it helps everyone....Im assuming it will work for all Galaxy S10/S10E/S10+/S10 lite

Thnx a ton.

Cheers

0 Likes