Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A23 not charging, turning on and saying moisture fault

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 10:05 AM)
SonOfOdin
Navigator
Options
As above. Mates phone is playing up. Phone won't charge due to saying moisture in port. Tried everything and there is no moisture present
Phone turns on then warns and turns off 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SonOfOdin Hello, have you tried to charge the battery with the phone turned off?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

SonOfOdin
Navigator
Options
Yes. I've been round theirs today. It just won't charge. Turns on when charger is connected but constant warnings about moisture and the alarms.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SonOfOdin wireless charging?Other cable and charger?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
SonOfOdin
Navigator
Options
Phone doesn't support wireless charging. Tried various chargers and leads including my working ones
Doodle1
Pioneer
Options
Send to samsung technician or approved store...
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SonOfOdin know you are saying there is no moisture, however has your mate's phone actually been cleaned?  If charging with device switched off does not work  try clearing the cache partition, sometimes this can fix charging issues.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2.  Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key . Should not need to connect to computer in A series.

3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

obviously may need to take to Service Centre mind you.

Sime general charging advice here.   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-phone-is-not-charging/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

gilli73
First Poster
Options
Mine does this all the time if I take it in bathroom. Blow hairdryer down charging hole.
0 Likes
SonOfOdin
Navigator
Options
Thanks mate. That's been tried too