Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Calling Help

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 06:50 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi everyone, I recently talked to my service provider and asked if I could use WIFI Calling on my Samsung galaxy s10 without broadband and I was told yes, I have just turned on WIFI Calling yet I couldn't make a call, can anyone help please 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: Do you have your Galaxy S10 connected to a Wi-Fi network via Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > On? If not then, for clarity, what type of internet connection do you have in your household? 

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL no my galaxy s10 I have the internet on that, it is the only form of internet I have. I asked my internet provider a couple of days ago when I called them if I could use Wi-Fi calling and I told them I only had my mobile phone internet access no broadband and I was told yes I could use Wi-Fi calling but I have been unable to do it it will not allow it even though I have found it in the dropdown menu Wi-Fi calling it doesn't work
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: Wi-Fi calling will require a connection to a Wi-Fi network, so it won't be possible to use Mobile Data to utilise this feature. Typically, if you can connect to Mobile Data on your S10, then your network signal is strong enough to make standard network calls. In this instance I recommend speaking with your mobile network provider once again, to gain further clarity on the matter. 

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL thank you for your help