Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp photos can no longer be moved/copied to the Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 12:02 AM)
Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options

Hi, the recent update has stopped me being able to move/copy whatsapp photos to the Samsung Secure Folder. I have no problems with normal gallery photos and until the last Samsung update  no issues from the WhatsApp Folder.

If I can move/copy photos from WhatsApp folders into other gallery folders I can then transfer them into the Secure folder...its very annoying.  Do I need to change a setting or is this just the way it is now?

I am using an S20

63 REPLIES 63
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache partition on the phone and see if that works. To do this, just search 'how to clear cache partition S20' and you should find what you are looking for. Hope this helps! 😀
0 Likes
Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,  thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately it didn't work.

When i try it I get the following message:

"Couldn't move all items.  0/1 items moved."

Any other thoughts?

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Flumpaloo Hello, make a backup of the Secure Folder, uninstall it, reinstall it and check.
If it still doesn't work, send an error report from Samsung Members/Help. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. Didn't work for me. I'll try the Error report route 

Imah
First Poster
Options

Same with me note 10 plus 

Members_eAzaJxF
First Poster
Options

Me neither, any thoughts? 

Aesmith
First Poster
Options

I'm also having the same issue. I cannot transfer any any pictures/videos received from WhatsApp to the secure folder. Never used to be an issue until the latest update. I can however move it to a different folder and it will move. I'm using S20. 

Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options
It's annoying. I've not managed to find a solution yet 😕
0 Likes
Members_5VRbD12
First Poster
Options

This was due to the January 2022 update adding a whole new root new directory called "Internal storage (Dual Messenger)"

So before this last update in January 2022 you had your root Internal files and if you had an SD card then that too, now you have 3 with the new 'Internal storage (Dual Messenger)'

You can view any recieved files like photos/videos and move them to another directory (like screenshots), then click it again straight away as it will still show in your photos folder and move it to secure... until Samsung learn how to code and beta test properly