Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp photos can no longer be moved/copied to the Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 10:42 PM)
Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options

Hi, the recent update has stopped me being able to move/copy whatsapp photos to the Samsung Secure Folder. I have no problems with normal gallery photos and until the last Samsung update  no issues from the WhatsApp Folder.

If I can move/copy photos from WhatsApp folders into other gallery folders I can then transfer them into the Secure folder...its very annoying.  Do I need to change a setting or is this just the way it is now?

I am using an S20

63 REPLIES 63
farzin2
First Poster
Options

I have same problem in Galaxy S20 FE 5G.

Please solve the problem by new update. Its shown many people have this issues.

Tino84
Journeyman
Options

Sam issue here with the S20 Ultra. Pain in the a**e having to move it to another folder and then into the secure folder but it works for the moment. 

Nishanth Kannan
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this. Is there a way to change where whatsapp downloads it's media to bypass this instead?

0 Likes
Members_qcMCGaG
First Poster
Options

Hi good afternoon I just found a simple trick first of all from my files move your WhatsApp image or videos to camera folder in dcim  then try to hide it and it works

0 Likes
Kbot1
First Poster
Options

I bave same issue with S10+, found quick work around. Click on the share icon, then select secure folder, then clcik send to secure folder. This method still works. 

0 Likes
Youssef13
First Poster
Options

Exvuse my english 😂 i am not fluent in english but i will try cause i had the same problem

It's kinda easy you can just go to the phone Files app and find the whatsapp files that you are not able to move which you will find it by going to Internal storage ➡️ Android ➡️Media then whatsapp and move it to another folder like DCIM which you will find it when you go back to the Internal storage page

i hope you understood any thing 😂

0 Likes
AmyLou_1
First Poster
Options

Hi, copy/move your WhatsApp pictures into a different album, like your camera pictures. Then move the pictures from that album into Secure Folder. That's what I did!

0 Likes
Xilyu
First Poster
Options

I know it's abit hectic but select the WhatsApp photos and put them in an album than select the album you create a group once done press the group and select the album you should easily move all the selected photo to secure folder😉(don't delete the group leave it empty so you can do the same thing over)

0 Likes
ISNAADALI
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem on my note 20 ultra. The solution is: Move all photos that need to be secured into any other Album (I moved them in my camera album) then move them to the secure folder. 

0 Likes
Mattx2022 ingram
First Poster
Options

U do one thing select  ur photo  then make album create new album move them in that album n then open tht new album n again move all those items to secure folder n done ..

0 Likes