Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp photos can no longer be moved/copied to the Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 10:42 PM)
Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options

Hi, the recent update has stopped me being able to move/copy whatsapp photos to the Samsung Secure Folder. I have no problems with normal gallery photos and until the last Samsung update  no issues from the WhatsApp Folder.

If I can move/copy photos from WhatsApp folders into other gallery folders I can then transfer them into the Secure folder...its very annoying.  Do I need to change a setting or is this just the way it is now?

I am using an S20

63 REPLIES 63
Members_XsUKGEX
Student
Options

Same here😆

0 Likes
Members_XsUKGEX
Student
Options

It work...thanks

0 Likes
Mushtak
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have found the solution.

Select the files you want to move to secure folder. 

Select all the files and move to sd card to a new folder.

Go to secure folder and select now. It will work.

Worked for me

0 Likes
Cececlairey
First Poster
Options

Hi! What I do is I move the photo out of the whatsapp album to a new album and then from there I move the photo to secure folder and it works for me. Hope this helps 👍

0 Likes
Members_MOzsP1s
First Poster
Options

It's a long way of doing it and I don't know if any1 has said to do it this way, but if you screenshot the picture you can then send the screenshot to the secured folder...

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Mushtak
First Poster
Options

Yes this one works too. I havr tried after posting that comment

0 Likes
Mushtak
First Poster
Options

You can select the images and move to mew folder. This works

0 Likes
Wan1
First Poster
Options

Same thing with my note 10 as well after Samsung new update, and all images i had before in secure folder gone.

0 Likes
Wan1
First Poster
Options

Yes, it works.

Even though it's annoying, but at least we can move them to secure folder via camera folder

Many thanks.

0 Likes
S22user
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me. I can't move Whatsapp pics/videos OUT of the Secure Folder. But the workaround that people are suggesting works. If you move the items to a different folder first (e.g., camera or screenshots), then it will move out of the Secure Folder.

0 Likes