Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp photos can no longer be moved/copied to the Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 10:42 PM)
Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options

Hi, the recent update has stopped me being able to move/copy whatsapp photos to the Samsung Secure Folder. I have no problems with normal gallery photos and until the last Samsung update  no issues from the WhatsApp Folder.

If I can move/copy photos from WhatsApp folders into other gallery folders I can then transfer them into the Secure folder...its very annoying.  Do I need to change a setting or is this just the way it is now?

I am using an S20

63 REPLIES 63
isaacduraisingh
Student
Options

Thanks for this option. I tried moving to a new album and it worked.

0 Likes
Members_uLuyf8e
First Poster
Options

So here's the solution I found

1. Select photos in your gallery

2. Select share icon ( not the 3 dots)

3. Find your secure vault in the apps displayed and select it

4. If new apps are displayed, find one saying Secure files, and select it.

5. Finally go to your vault and check if files have been transferred. This worked on my Note 20, good luck.

0 Likes
1Kay
First Poster
Options

Hi there, did you manage to resolve your issue? If so, how because I'm facing the same problem?

0 Likes
isaacduraisingh
Student
Options

My recommendation would be to move the picture from the What's app folder to a new folder you have created and later move from the new folder to the Hidden Secure folder.

0 Likes
1Kay
First Poster
Options

It worked. Thanks😁

0 Likes
Akshaykorekar
First Poster
Options

Temporary fix !!!

Create an album with different(any) name  (example : photos, mypictures, new album, etc ) move your whats app images into the album which you have created. Now you will be able to move your images to secure folder 📂 

0 Likes
Roy22
First Poster
Options

Try moving the file to some other album from WhatsApp folder. This is gonna work ☺️

0 Likes
Raneen Tarq
First Poster
Options

Same problem... note 10 plus ... temporarily solution Worked... but someone said even old moved whatapp photos  are gone from secure folder... can anyone confirm this ? ... cause I can't even remember if I did hide old photos or not  

0 Likes
Sana 1
First Poster
Options

Hey Hii brother,  I faced the same issue. So here's what I did instead, 

1. Move WhatsApp images or videos to other albums of your phone , don't copy them just move them alright 

2. Then try to move to secure folder from that album. 

It works 💪!!

0 Likes
MikeEP
First Poster
Options

I found a way, move the files to another folder, then you can move them to the secure folder. 

0 Likes