Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Note 10+ to Android 12

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 06:19 PM)
tlloyd22
Apprentice
Options

I'd like to upgrade my Note 10+ from Android 10 to Android 12, but when I go to "Software Update" and tap "Download and Install", it tells me that my software is up to date.  

What do I need to do to upgrade to Android 12?  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@tlloyd22: The Galaxy Note 10+ is only compatible up to Android 11, however this should be available to you by now. It may be the case that your phone isn't intended for use in your current region, which can lead to compatibility issues with software updates. With this in mind, please try updating via Smart Switch on your home computer to see if you're able to proceed via this channel. To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your Note 10+ using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details. Let me know how you get on. 

tlloyd22
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the quick response Andrew!  And I sure can give that a try, but per Samsung's website, 12 is supported.  That's also consistent with what I've seen elsewhere too:  https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/update-android-os-version/

note10plus.png

0 Likes
tlloyd22
Apprentice
Options

Well I installed Smart Switch but didn't get very far.  Kept getting "Failed to connect the device" when I connected the USB cable.  I tried rebooting the phone and my windows PC, and I also tried re-installing the Samsung USB Driver (in Smart Switch), but that didn't help either.  Other suggestions?  Thanks again.

smartswitch.png

0 Likes