Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 03:46 AM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
Me s205g
0 Likes
allslickedup
First Poster
Options
  • This worked for me! Thank you.
0 Likes
Storm5000
First Poster
Options

You are not the only one, I have been dealing with this since Feb18th 2021.

Initially it was just chrome then Samsung apps, Gmail etc.. at one point my camera would freeze then close. The phone then would restart randomly and quite often to the point where I cannot log back into my phone.

It got really annoying so got it checked out by Samsung and they said there was no issues and factory reset my phone. They told me some apps like whatsapp can cause these issues so when restoring don't restore the apps. The reset did work for 3 days and same issue started so I took it back. 

Again they said it's the apps that are causing issues. But this time they apparently replaced the guts. The phone has been working for a week until now..

Gmail crashes, one drive, yahoo finance, flipp, Samsung pay, Starbucks etc... 

Clearing cache, deleted and reinstalled, tried it all and no go.

Hopefully they figure something out.

0 Likes
Track
First Poster
Options
disabled webview. all apps are now working. it wont let me install. can anyone advise thank u
0 Likes
gatzo55
Student
Options
so it resets it to factory default settings?
0 Likes
kb84
First Poster
Options
mine says it's disabled how do I enable it as it's not doing anything
0 Likes
dave12
Student
Options

Hi

All of a sudden tonight my Gmail crashed and continues to crash every time I try to open it.

i updated to the most recent system version just a few days ago...i do see battery issues on just the gmail app but i don't know if this is because of the upgrade.

Dave

JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options