Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Forced App Installation

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Owen001
Journeyman
Options

The latest Samsung update includes an extremely unnecessary step which requests that you 'Take advantage of your upgraded device!" suggesting that you "Get the most out of your device with the hand-picked apps best suited for its newest features!".

The 'hand-picked' apps are games that are of no use and there is no option to deselect them.

I have disabled the offending app and it's notifications but it continues to notify me every couple of minutes if I clear the notification.

It is extremely poor of Samsung to firstly push an app that is so integrated into the system that users cannot control it and secondly to push rubbish games to anybody who applies the update. 

Samsung, you can do better. Please advise on how to remove AppCloud and please provide an option to deselect rubbish such as this in the future.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
You must have downloaded it, it's not a official Samsung app from the Galaxy Store, probably a third party one.
0 Likes
Owen001
Journeyman
Options

No, it's part of software provided by Samsung. If you check Reddit, you will see that there are lots of complaints about it. It's regarded as junk

0 Likes
Owen001
Journeyman
Options

There is another thread on this topic in this community forum, but unfortunately it's unresolved.

How do I get rid of AppCloud? 

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Well I don't have it on my S22ultra, did a software update last week and no additional apps were downloaded. I it's know as app that collects your data against your will and passes it off to China 🇨🇳 so you have to beware of it if you continue to use it.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
If you want rid of it,factory reset your phone, it's the only way.
0 Likes
Owen001
Journeyman
Options

A factory reset seems possible but is also an extreme option just to remove a piece of software that should be optional. Another option would be to install a plain version of Android instead of doing a factory reset which would only bring more Samsung un-wanted software and the possibility that the same app would be there. The other probably easier solution is to move away from Samsung altogether to possibly a Pixel phone or Apple

0 Likes