Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapchat notification

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 03:29 PM)
Davebrad127
First Poster
Options

Recently bought the Samsung S21, transferred all my apps ok. I receive notifications for Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and other apps, but I don't get anything for Snapchat whatever notification setting i have, I have to actually open the app and then discover I have been sent Snaps or messages. Any answers?

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Davebrad127  Check the app has not been put to Deep sleep?   Have you tried clearing the cache and Data?  Go to Settings-Apps-Snapchat-Storage-Clear Cache and Data.  Now Uninstall and reinstall the App.

if still an issue try Wiping cache Partition.

1. Switch off Device and if Android 11 you need to  connect to computer or plug in USB-C  Headphones.
  2.  Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @KholaI  Can you check that link, does not work for me.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 

We do apologise for that. The previous comment contained the wrong link. The actual link we were referring to was the following: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note-9/Notification-Issue-Snapchat/td-p/521330

Rae
Journeyman
Options
yes I have the same issue on my s20 and s21 , for some reason certain apps I don't get any app notifications. I don't plan to do a reboot to get notifications 😒
0 Likes
JayB1234
First Poster
Options
Im also having trouble with snapchat notifications coming through. They've updated it twice and still nothing, this must be a samsung issue. Its becoming annoying now
0 Likes