Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret mode lost/forgotten password

(Topic created on: 22-03-2023 03:40 PM)
NoobiSams
Explorer
Options

Long story short i was fixing/rearranging my samsung internet browser when i thought of the bookmarks in my secret mode (i haven't opened secret mode for two weeks prior to this) but when i tried to get in with the password i remember and any password that came to mind, it didn't work, so i am asking for help is there any way i can reset/change my secret mode password without deleting the bookmarks or saved pages cause i really REALLY dont want to lose the bookmarks and the saved pages there

I don't know but i hope samsung adds a email verification on secret mode if you forgot it and other stuff where there are passwords needed

Anyway i hope someone finds a way or the samsung creators/member add this feature.

21 REPLIES 21
AndrewL
Options

@NoobiSams : I have taken a look into this for you, and unfortunately there does not appear to be a means of resetting or recovering your password in Secret Mode in the Samsung Internet app (Samsung Internet > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings > Personal browsing data > Secret mode settings. In the event that you forget your password, you will need to tap on 'Reset Secret mode' in order to add a new password, however this will remove any saved bookmarks or pages, which I appreciate is not ideal. 

I have gone ahead and passed your feedback to our Research and Development Team, to see if anything can be done remedy this in a future update, and will keep you updated with any information they might share regarding this. 

NoobiSams
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply and i hope this does get notice cause until then i won't touch anything in my secret mode setting or anything related to it, once again thanks for the info and reply @AndrewL

0 Likes
NoobiSams
Explorer
Options

Hello again @AndrewL i know i might sound rude or too demanding in this comment but i want to know if it really got passed or if it got noticed now, im sorry if i wasted your time but i hope this does get fixed early,

once again thanks 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NoobiSams : Please be assured that your query has been passed to the Research and Development Team, and once I hear back from them I will update this thread with any feedback they provide.

0 Likes
NoobiSams
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply again @AndrewL , and im sorry if im rushing this too much, also i really appreciate the fast reply, 

Once again thanks @AndrewL .

NoobiSams
Explorer
Options

Hello @AndrewL just wanted to follow up on the query, is there any progress or info?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hello @NoobiSams  ,

I can see any update available yet. I have now contacted our colleagues back to see if they have a response for this and will contact you back as soon as myself, or any of the Samsung moderators here, hear from them. Have a lovely rest of your day. 

NoobiSams
Explorer
Options

Hello i know this says solved but i kid you not its still isn't 

So just saying that to clear up some confusions

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This is an ongoing case, @NoobiSams  , where are you seeing that as I cannot that this has been marked as solved anywhere?

0 Likes