Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wallet "Connection Error"

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 05:41 PM)
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE: Exhausted other options around CSC changers etc and nothing worked. Called Samsung Support and they couldn't diagnose the issue. Everything that would flag an issue of compatibility all checked out ok. They ultimately recommended asking the Retailer for a replacement, which I will be doing.

I just bought an Unlocked S22 in the UK and no matter what I try I cannot get Samsung Wallet set up.

Every time I try to progress the set up screen I get an error popup saying "Connection Error. Try again later." 

For context I have the Sam Wallet app set up and working perfectly on my S10e. 
22 REPLIES 22
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options

That used to be the case, but with S22 range European unlocked models have an OXM EUX multi CSC firmware that, as I said, adapts based on your network provider during configuration in the setup process. Phones from carriers will have their own CSC versions still, though.

Here's some confirmation from another post (mine is the same SPSV string as these): https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/csc-code/td-p/5471712 

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah right. My info was based on a lot of posts on here regarding Samsung pay not working on imported versions.

Good to know and good luck getting your phone sorted.
0 Likes
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options
Yea I've seen those too, mostly for S21 series and symptom was Samsung pay showing the wrong language.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway. I think this might actually be a carrier issue unfortunately 😕
0 Likes
Adam21020
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem. Samsung members response was that Samsung Wallet is not available in my country of Hungary. I've always lived in the UK, I've never even been to Hungary?

Can someone help get this working again please.
0 Likes
Qualät
First Poster
Options

U have the same problem but I live in germany.

0 Likes
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options
Just to update my story - (in app) Samsung support from feedback request came back to me and told me my device was destined for Hungary and that's why it didn't work. So sending it back to the retailer who have agreed to take it.
Venomevs
Journeyman
Options
I've got the same issue with my S22. How did they find out your device wasnt for the UK market? Did you get a replacement in the end and does this now work?
0 Likes
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options
I used the feedback form on this app (look at Dj9494's comment for how to access it). It took a few of weeks for them to get back to me though. By that time I had already arranged with the retailer to exchange the device after already dealing with Samsung support who recommended an exchange.

In the end, I didn't actually exchange it. I have since migrated to Google pay as I changed banks and my new Bank does not support Samsung Pay.
0 Likes
space808
Explorer
Options

I'm getting similar "Couldn't connect to this service" error on a S23 Ultra, in Germany, bought from Vodafone Germany. 

Why do Samsung have so many different, senseless restrictions and useless differentiation among regions? Can you imagine Google Wallet refusing to work in one region just because you bought the device in another region? In my case, it's not even from another region and Samsung have no answers for my problem yet.

0 Likes
Daisy1963
First Poster
Options
Help please. I cant get into the Private info within the Samsung Wallet on my z flip 3. It keeps saying No Network Connection, even though the phone is connected to WiFi and mobile data is on.
0 Likes