Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wallet "Connection Error"

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 11:16 AM)
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE: Exhausted other options around CSC changers etc and nothing worked. Called Samsung Support and they couldn't diagnose the issue. Everything that would flag an issue of compatibility all checked out ok. They ultimately recommended asking the Retailer for a replacement, which I will be doing.

I just bought an Unlocked S22 in the UK and no matter what I try I cannot get Samsung Wallet set up.

Every time I try to progress the set up screen I get an error popup saying "Connection Error. Try again later." 

For context I have the Sam Wallet app set up and working perfectly on my S10e. 
22 REPLIES 22
dj9494
Voyager
Options
Try clearing cache and data
0 Likes
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options
Tried that. Uninstalled and reinstalled from both the Play Store and Galaxy Store and updated the app.

Went as far as resetting my entire phone to factory state and still no luck (app wasn't included by default which I thought was weird)
0 Likes
dj9494
Voyager
Options
I would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, the concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > support > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
It may be an unlocked phone but is it a phone that was made for the UK Market and not imported to the UK from another country?

Defiantly something not quite right when samsung wallet is not installed as standard, it's either a modified OS or it's an imported phone where samsung pay will never work.
0 Likes
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options
I don't believe there is a distinguishing difference for the European models now for the S22 range and future models. The model sold across all of Europe (UK & some African countries) is the Exynos model SM-S901B/DS, which mine also is. What happens is that on setup it will base your out of box experience on your carrier (mine is Three UK).

I should also note that it was missing some other Samsung apps too (Notes, Smart Switch and maybe another) that were there as standard on my S10e from the network.

As far as I'm aware, and based on other forum posts where this has happened, Sam Wallet wouldn't be giving me this error, but telling me the service isn't available in my location in that case, not this error I'm getting.
0 Likes
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options
Well no luck on that front. They have replied and just referred me to the general samsung support page. Not very useful unfortunately.
0 Likes
dj9494
Voyager
Options
You can use Samsung pay instead, it kinda same
0 Likes
SeanMCY
Journeyman
Options
Samsung Wallet has replaced Samsung Pay.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
There is a difference from country to country hence the Service Provider Software Version is different in each country, so is this a UK phone or not is the question?
0 Likes