Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay and Curve - confusion

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 03:17 PM)
louiscar
Pioneer
Options

I am really confused about the Curve app and Samsung Pay. I had 2 cards to enter and SP says it can't add them but tells me to register them with Curve. I do that and both cards are in there. However, when in Samsung Pay I get 2 confusing card numbers (both applying to one card - one is described as a digital one).

The problem here is that the card substitute doesn't tell me what card I'm going to use.

I can see if I go to curve I can switch between the credit card and the debit card but when back in Samsung pay I can only see the same digital card announced so it doesn't tell me which one I am paying with or even if the one I chose to activate in the Curve app is the one that Samsung Pay will use.

Can someone clear this mess up. I've so far not used the paying system as I'm not sure what card it's going to put it on. I'm considering moving to Google pay as this seems to be one horrible mess up.

27 REPLIES 27
louiscar
Pioneer
Options

Ok I'm able to answer my own question as I've finally got a clear answer from Samsung. So if anyone else is confused this is it.

When your card isn't supported by SP you will have to open a Curve account and register your cards on there. You then choose the card to activate and SP will contact Curve as to which card is actually activated.

It means you will need to access Curve to

1) Change or check which card is active 
2) See the card number given to the card. SP only shows the last 4 digits.
used if you want to pay a website shopping cart for instance.

SP will only show 1 card and will not indicate what card is activated - it also adds to the confusion by showing 2 card numbers (one is the virtual number the other is a so called digital number errr.... don't ask me)

Why 2 card numbers are give isn't explained anywhere and the Curve app only shows one. I'd have thought that this digital number would have changed when I selected between debit or credit card in curve but ... nope it's always the same. WTF Samsung!!! This is to do with Payments and security and you don't bother to explain it properly

JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
When you register your Curve account, and put your cards on it, it creates a digital card to store these on. It is slightly confusing, but as you said, all about security.
You can find which card is being used by going into the curve app. At the top you will see the cards you've saved and also the curve account.

The selected card will have a big white tick on it and if you change it, then the next card will be selected. You can't change it in SP though.
Also, everytime you use curve, you get cashback which is saved in the curve account and you can see hiw much by selecting that in the app.
Confusing, I know, but hope that helps a bit.
0 Likes
louiscar
Pioneer
Options

Thanks John,

As per my post I have discovered that. Cash back is confusing too as the shop on Samsung mentions cashback for samsung pay rather than curve. Anyway I've just used the card now for the first time and will see if the cashback appears.

The final confusion is why Samsung pay shows 2 separate numbers relating to my SP card. The one I used for payment (via a website) was the one that shows up in  Curve. The other one I have no idea of the full number as SP only shows the last 4 digits and describes it as a "Digital" number representing the physical card.

There doesn't seem to be a use for it in real terms.

0 Likes
louiscar
Pioneer
Options

Thanks Srm but there's no where to enter that code

louiscar
Pioneer
Options

Well this is really nonsense.

Yesterday I followed Samsung's instructions, went into Curve and selected my credit card. 

I then made a website purchase and used the only card number available  to me. Guess what - yep it went to my debit card.

So this business of selecting the active card is nonsense, it just ignored it.

I think I will ditch this and go to Google play, it's necessarily confusing and it just isn't worth the time.

louiscar
Pioneer
Options

The link just takes me to the curve app which then asks me to download the app. I already have the app installed as part of Samsung Pay so that doesn't do anything.

louiscar
Pioneer
Options

Ok but you can see from this post that it is to do with Samsung Pay plus which is driven by Curve. So you already knew I wasn't a new customer. This is not the place to try recruit new customers - you need to be somewhere where people are using some other method. Also this is not helping my case.

0 Likes
dickhead23
First Poster
Options

I don't think I ha e ever used or set up a simpler digital card pay system. Much more user friendly than GP. Maybe this isn't for you. I would explain but not sure you'd understand

0 Likes
dickhead23
First Poster
Options

You are really confused . . .lol

0 Likes