Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Android 11 WPA2 Enterprise bug affecting some models

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 08:32 PM)
guy_goodrick
First Poster
Options

Hello,

This may not be the best place to ask - I'm hoping someone can redirect me if so.

I am not a Samsung owner, I work for the wireless team at a UK University. We have noticed that some Samsung models that have upgraded to Android 11 are having issues connecting to eduroam (international WPA2 Enterprise network). First off - I know about the changes in Android 11 that mean that devices must validate auth server certificates, this query is _not_ about that.

It seems that some Samsung devices have a broken implementation of one of the authentication protocols - EAP/PEAP - which sends the Anonymous (or Outer) Identity as the username in certain circumstances. Having talked to another institution that has also noticed this issue it seems that Samsung have acknowledged it as a bug. But what we really want to know is when the update that includes the fix might be released.

Is anyone able to help with information or a contact that I could use to talk to Samsung support?

Much appreciated,

Guy

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @guy_goodrick 

All our contact information can be found under the Support section at the foot of our website here.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes