Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A22 5G CPU overlad message

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 07:22 PM)
Hundejens77
Journeyman
Options

My new phone comes up with a message that I should restart it, several times in a week. 

It says something about some processes overloading the CPU. 

But the phone is brand new, and I really haven´t installed many apps on it. 

So is this a bug in Samsungs system og in my phone?. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Hundejens77: This doesn't sound right, and may be stemming from the apps you have installed on the device, or a high level of background processing. I'd start by removing the apps you've installed to see if you notice an improvement, or heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Tap the bar chart symbol in the top right > App Issue History to see if any apps are being flagged as experiencing issues. Tap the Back button > Battery > Background Usage Limits > Put Unused Apps To Sleep > On. Head back to the Device Care main menu > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Automation > Auto Optimise Daily > On > Auto Scan For Malware > On. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Hundejens77
Journeyman
Options

Thx a lot for replying. The apps that uses a lot are all apps that was preinstalled. YouTube, Maps and google drive, it seems. I have also asked this question in a computer group on Facebook and it seems to be a very common problem with new Samsung smartphones. And if I google it I can see it is a problem worldwide. So it seems to be a bug so to speak. I must say I am rather disappointed with this phone, and the fact that it can't even run the preinstalled apps, without getting an overloaded CPU. 

0 Likes
jokuboo
Apprentice
Options

Did this issue ever resolve for you? I have same phone with the same exact problem. Today I managed to get this message pop up, and device care even says that there are no battery hogging apps running, so neither should any app be straining the CPU. I usually get this message at night and when the phone is not in use, just idle. I do not play any games or anything, just the phone being idle can result in this error. Extremely disappointed with this phone. I have forcefully put apps in sleep, even the phone not having any internet connection can still result in this error, nothing fixes it.

Hundejens77
Journeyman
Options

The problem was never solved, but it seems to be a built in bug, so to speak. So I don't think there is any solution to fix this. The solution is in the hands of Samsung. I have turned off a lot of stuff and deleted all built in bloatware apps possible though. That helps a bit. 

Here is a link that can help you:

https://www.adldata.org/2021/05/19/9-android-settings-you-need-to-turn-off-now/ 

0 Likes
jokuboo
Apprentice
Options

Yeah this is very disappointing. This will be my first and last samsung phone I'm ever buying. I don't recommend it to anyone and this issue is a constant problem.

0 Likes
Atlas Cedar
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Brand new phone and getting the error every day. Is there a fix, or can I atleast stop the notifications?

0 Likes
jokuboo
Apprentice
Options

I have wasted many hours of time to fix this but nothing so far works. I contacted samsung and they act like it's no big deal so there is nothing to go with. 

0 Likes
AmyR1
First Poster
Options

I just bought my a22 a few days ago and it's started doing this in the evening when it's been sitting idle! And nothing is showing up as draining the battery and all I've on it is instagram everything else is system apps...this is definitely not an app problem but a bug in the phone system...absolutely ridiculous! I've tried what was recommended online to fix nothing helps...you just have to keep restarting the phone when it shows up...for a new phone to be doing this is crazy Samsung...so disappointed and can't believe I've handed out money for a phone to act up immediately 😠

0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
I have my A22 5G set to optimise and restart itself overnight and I've never had any problems with excessive battery or CPU use.
0 Likes