Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Messages App Too Small

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Naffykins
Student
Options

Hi there! Can we talk about the Messages app? 🙏

I don't know if anyone else is annoyed by this but when trying to send text messages, the area in which you type is so small! 

1000012321.jpg

There are so many icons dominating the typing area that the view of what you're writing is tiny!

It feels very claustrophobic and due to having ADHD I really need a wider perspective of what's been written so I can reread before I send. (Currently having to write out longer texts in the Notes app then paste and send in Messages app)

I just wondered if there are any accessibility options to make this area larger? To turn off the menu items circled in red (seems they're all on the keyboard menu bar anyway 🤔).

I've tried changing any relevant settings I can find but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks so much

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Maestro
Options
You can press the return key several times before typing your message. This will expand the text box a bit better.
AndrewL
Options

@Naffykins: When you tap on the text input field, this should expand the field and remove the '+' and Gallery/camera icons from the left side. You can also pinch the screen to reduce the size of the font. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
It looks like you're using Google Messages, which is odd as I also use it but my layout is different to yours1715517180875.jpg
0 Likes
millierangers
First Poster
Options
I cannot recieve any of my messages from messenger
0 Likes