Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A13 apps in background

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 03:26 PM)
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

We recently bought a Samsung A13 for medical purposes. My daughter has a diabetes monitor and she uses this mobile to send us her data. Despite us managing all relevant settings the app does not work when the phone goes to sleep and we lose data. During the day as soon as she picks up her phone all the data fills back in. Overnight though while she is sleeping we get no data which could cause a medical emergency should she experience low blood sugar. I read somewhere that Samsung prioritises battery over background apps so we have plugged the phone in overnight but it's not ideal to leave a phone on charge every night for longevity of the battery or safety if it overheats. If anyone has a solution or a workaround we would be very grateful.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

Hi

Ammendment to my feedback earlier on. On the A13 phone we have tried to put the app (Dexcom G7) into never sleep mode but it does not appear in the list of apps when you try to do this.

(Sorry for the confusion - I am working with my daughter on this and there must have been a crossed wire. She needs to have the phone with her because of her diabetes)

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Pete Mullarkey: Do you enable Do Not Disturb Mode before you go to bed? Also, are you connected to Wi-Fi to allow the data to be synced to your device? Have you asked your daughter to check the battery and sleeping options for the app from her side, to ensure that the data can be sent, as it may be the case that the issue is stemming from her phone, and not yours. 

0 Likes
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew

We are pretty sure the problem is with my daughters phone, as the same issue of not receiving the data occurs on my wife's phone.

As I said in my previous post, we have found a workaround by leaving my daughter's phone on charge overnight - not ideal but at least I can sleep now!

I would still like to get to the root of why this is happening on her phone. The company that supply the app do not have any solutions either. I am pretty sure it is specific to the samsung A13 phone.

Cheers

Pete

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Pete Mullarkey. So we can determine if this is down to the app itself, please send an Error Report within 15 minutes of the issue occurring. To do this, open the Samsung Members app > Support > scroll down to Error reports and then follow the on-screen steps. This will then be sent to our colleagues who will then be able to see what is causing the issue. 

0 Likes