Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24U Battery overnight Drain

(Topic created on: 26-03-2024 04:01 PM)
Ayman Zein
Journeyman
Options

I have the S24U and the battery is dying overt night without any usage, i keep watching it before go to bed, and i wake up in the morning finding the phone is dead or less than 9% while it was over 45% before i sleep !

checked the Device care, battery health and all looks Good

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your phone is sleep walking and or doing activities in the night while you are asleep 👹

On a serious note.

Check for sync errors under settings > accounts.

Check locations permissions of apps. Always ON will use more battery ( it's a needed evil for apps like Google maps etc).

You could WIPE CACHE you phone ( Check youtube on how to go about it).

You could have conflicting routines if you have them set up.

Poor signal at home either WiFi , Bluetooth, or mobile.

Or a rogue app or virus 🫨
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It may be due to one of the reasons mentioned. There may be conflicts with Routines,  do you have a sleep Mode Active? some details on that in this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/combined-rules-for-sleep-mode/ 

if by chance unfamiliar the process for clearing the cache partition is here:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or other device , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

KengA
Apprentice
Options
My S24+ battery only goes down around 4 to 5% overnight. I've been quite impressed by the battery so far.
Ayman Zein
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your help, i have none of these issues, and never get it on S23U or S22U before

I just tried the Wipe Cache option and will keep you posted.

Ayman Zein
Journeyman
Options

i never used the sleep mode, just tried the Wipe Cache option and will keep you posted, Thanks.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right, hopefully it makes a difference. Personally think it is advisable to use Sleep Mode.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My s24 ultra drops around 5% overnight ans I have Bluetooth watch etc .
I do have a sleep routine though but it's more for adaptive charging
Ayman Zein
Journeyman
Options

i wiped the cache and just happened again yesterday, the phone was 50% @12 midnight, wake up at 7:30 and was 10%

I closed all apps before sleeping, and optimized the phone just in case.

I do not know what is happening. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It is worrying, do you have location/connctions turned on during night and have you downloded any 3rd party apps lately? Some of them could cause issues.

0 Likes