Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDFs saved blank after signing

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 03:17 PM)
Sindri
First Poster
Options

I import a PDF, sign it and try to save it or share it as PDF but the resulting file is only my signature on a blank background. On a note 20 ultra with the latest updates. 

Screenshot_20201105-081015_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20201105-081051_Samsung Notes.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Sindri: Are you using the Samsung Notes app to edit your PDF document? If so, open Samsung Notes > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > About Samsung Notes, and check here for any available updates that might address your current issue. In the meantime, please can you confirm if you have followed the steps laid out in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087285/

0 Likes
skudris
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.

Both Samsung Notes and Adobe Acrobat for Samsung are up to date.  Worked fine with PowerPoint and image file, problems with Word document as the pages were doubled.

0 Likes
castlepeak
First Poster
Options

I've started seeing this issue on Tab S8 when annotating on pdf reader inside Samsung Notes. Note that if you don't have a default application to open PDFs, android dialog pops up showing you options to select which application you want to open the PDF with. Here you would be presented with "Samsung Notes pdf reader" and "Samsung Notes". Both belong to the same application. The difference is that with the former, the annotated pdf is saved with its changes whereever it was opened from whereas the latter saved it inside the Samsung notes app explicitly. The bug seems to cropping up when using the Samsung Notes pdf reader option and saving it as is. It only preserves the annotations made on the pdf and ignores the PDF content itself leading for the pdf saved to be blank. Samsung still hasn't fixed this issue in 2022. The issue likely is how it is dealing with layers on the pdf. Only the foreground layer with the annotations is saved whereas the background layer with original pdf content is ignored. This doesn't seem to be occurring for all pdfs so may be the pdf itself has a role in triggering this too. Samsung needs to investigate this promptly since students who spend a lot of time taking notes will see their work go to waste.

0 Likes
JerryIm
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

It's june 2023 and I have the same issues on a Tab 8+.

However, when I export the PDF with annotations from Samsung Notes, The PDF seems fine and contains all the information.

However, as soon as I try to print it 4 pages per page per side, usually half of the page is blank after printing and only the half of the annotations remains.

When you print the pdf one page per page however, all the pages of the pdf are correctly printed. Some technicians from our University tried to understand the issue, but nobody found an answer and a solution to that problem, despite printing a 100 page pdf 1 page per page...

It's a pitty, because I never encountered this issue up to now.

Does anybody has an solution?

I tried printing on different devices and also via different applications, like acrobat, Microsoft print and it worked only a few times times with PDF-Xchange Viewer.

All the apps and drivers are Up-to-date.

A fiew months earlier however, it worked without an issue.

Best regards

0 Likes
Madhu1
First Poster
Options

I also have faced the same issue in s6 lite and in a lot of trouble now due to upcoming exams. All the texts of the original note are disappeared after saving it. Just the edited and highlighted parts are remained.Please help me fix this as soon as possible!

0 Likes
Members_Cl4RHLJ
First Poster
Options

same problem with the S7 FE, any updates so far?

VickyLima
First Poster
Options

Still having the same issue as of Feb 2024 😞

0 Likes